Problem with unlocking phenom X2 560 be cores

sardar_muid

Honorable
Jun 1, 2013
I was able to unlock all the cores of phenom X2 560 BE and it runs very well with no error but my problem is when I try to start the computer.. It starts with no display... then after trying many times It starts properly.....

Solution
well he said the cores were stable in the OS but after a reboot or cold start it will not boot. Meaning the cpu is not getting enough power to power on the cpu with the 2 extra cores unlocked. It happens with overclocks some times, that it cant power on at boot but can actually work fine and oc farther once in the OS and is booted into OS

lazyboy947

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
what board do u have? and to increase ur voltage it is the cpu voltage max is 1.5v and thats high yet safe so u need to go in ur bios and where it shows ur cpu specs and there should be something that shows voltages, freq, multiplier, and other thing id look into messing with ur bios more as raising the voltage would be considered overclocking so to be safe u should make sure u know wat to do

amdfangirl

Distinguished
Herald
Apr 7, 2008
You might not be able to unlock any or all of the cores.

I have a Phenom II X2 BE 555, I've got three cores unlocked, but the 4th is defective. No amount of voltage will let me change that.

lazyboy947

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
well he said the cores were stable in the OS but after a reboot or cold start it will not boot. Meaning the cpu is not getting enough power to power on the cpu with the 2 extra cores unlocked. It happens with overclocks some times, that it cant power on at boot but can actually work fine and oc farther once in the OS and is booted into OS

Solution