Should I wait for a haswell based gaming lptop? (Budget ~ 1200/1300 $)

Worth waiting for newer laptops based on haswell?

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

aman27deep

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012
Hello guys,

I'm in the market for a new gaming laptop for my college. Mostly it'll be my second gaming computer with my primary rig back at home.

I need to buy a new laptop by late July, but if waiting is not worth it I would buy it by June mid.

My expectations from the laptop are to play BF3 on medium, CS:GO and LoL on high. That's basically all multiplayer i'll be playing with various single player games obviously.

My preference is Intel for CPU and nVidia for the GPU. I wouldn't want to turn 'turn'.

Now my simple question to you lot - Is waiting for a newer gen Haswell laptop worth it? I was looking at this Lenovo Y500 with 650 SLI and it seemed great to me.

If I wait, what goodies can i expect from the next range of laptops?

Thanks guys, hope to get a reply from the various geniuses heresoon!

X79

Honorable
Apr 17, 2013
The Lenovo Y500 is a beast indeed.

But do wait for Haswell, because it's a mobile-centric update. Intel claims it'll use

some 50% less power and so you might get longer battery life. Plus the integrated

Intel HD 4300 will also be pretty good. Good enough so that you can play LoL on medium

or high I think.

sifatraquib

Honorable
May 25, 2013

Lenovo Y500 is very good. Though if you wait till the Haswells hit the market you can decide whether to go for the Lenovo Y500 or a Haswell would do better.