Android or Windows

dpbrolly

Honorable
Feb 11, 2012
Guys let me first ty for ur help previously :) it really helped in selecting a gd cpu and other stuff as well.

well anyway, im gonna buy my first smart phone after begin stuck with a nokia 311 something for abt 6 years or so....

now the thing is i dont know which should i buy......
the one's i short listed are nexus 4 and s3, but it seems da batter backup in nexus 4 is very low and also da cam generates noise in images or thats what da video reviews at phonedog and phone arena said.

my budget is around 500 - 550 $

apart form da phone, i also wish to develop small app, like puzzle games and other apps and stuff..... so for this which is better an android sdk or a windows sdk ?? :??:

well this all i want to ask for now :)
so please give me a proper advice one selecting a gd phone and its os !
ty.

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
For $500, you could get a Nexus 4 and still have quite a bit left over. Though if storage is a concern, go with the S3 as the Nexus storage can't be expanded by a micro SD card. The specs of both phones are fairly similar, so for day to day use you likely wouldn't notice any difference between the two.

In terms of software and programming; Android > Windows mobile. Any day of the week. Android is also completely 100% open source and if you know what you're doing, you can completely customize your phones OS. You can even overclock the CPU if you feel you need more performance, at the cost of battery life of course.

Though if your budget is already $500-550, you should think about waiting a couple months and save another hundred bucks or so. Samsung is releasing an S4 with stock Android, like what the Nexus runs. The stock 'droid will be drastically easier to root and modify.

surajmittal

Honorable
Jul 2, 2013
Galaxy S3 is a great device with 4.8-inch HD Super AMOLED display,1.4Ghz Quad-core CPU, 1GB RAM, 16/32/64 GB storage,Android 4.0, TouchWiz 4.0 UI,8MP AF camera, LED, 1.9 MP front camera, 720p HD video,S-Voice Speech recognition, Eye tracking,WiFi etc.