Alienware Laptop M15x fried?

Briggsta

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
So I just booted up my alienware laptop, m15x, and as I was pulling up google chrome, there was a click noise and shut completely off. I tried turning it back on, absolutely nothing, no lights, nothing. I tried plugging it up, still nothing, not one light anywhere.

Is it done for or what? lol

No response whatsoever usually means dead. If you were running on battery when this happened, give it some time to charge before trying again. If still no dice, then disconnect the battery and the charging cable, and leave it as is for awhile - then see if it starts up later.

You said you heard a 'click'. Did you happen to touch anything? Sometimes you can create a short by touching metal to one of the USB ports.

Briggsta

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
I don't think I touched anything, I didn't even realize what had happened cause of course I wasn't expecting it lol. Sat down, click, "wtf?". I left it alone for about 2 hours not plugged or anything, nothing. Then I put it on charge and left it alone for about an hour, nothing.

I hate to break it to you, but it sounds like the board is borked. :( Is it still under warranty (extended perhaps)? Since it doesn't sound like accidental damage, you would most likely be covered if you are under warranty.