Good Cloud storage for Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECaarnage

Honorable
Mar 2, 2013
Me and some of my friends would like to create a cloud just for us. So that we can upload to the cloud and get them whenever we want. Does anyone know any good sites for it? Thanks :)

ECaarnage

Honorable
Mar 2, 2013

If you don't know the answer to this i will just create another thread and ask. But do you know how I could get my friends to reduce the size of their clips from like 28GB for 8 mins or so when they send them to me. We are all using the capture software called Dxtory. Please let me know either way :)

ECaarnage

Honorable
Mar 2, 2013

Also would you know any decent size cloud storage's that are free? About 25GB a month or so. I just want to explore all my options before i start a subscription.

dissemble2discover

Honorable
Jul 16, 2012
You can try CrashPlan+ for a full year for free if you sign up for Carbonite and put the e-mail you used for Carbonite and use it on this page.

https://www.crashplan.com/carboniteswitcher/

A full year free, and its a really good service, I'm using it right now because of the promotion and am loving their encryption they provide to their users. It's really, really strong 448-bit plus you can use you're own key too for another 448-bit layer on your data.

CrashPlan+ gives you unlimited file storage for one machine for free a year or 2-10 computers for a reduced $50 during this promotion.

And they let you backup to your friends computers for free if you ever want to do that too. Like, have a system that's always up as another way to backup in addition to the cloud.

Uh, and you can pick individual files to backup. Make sure you adjust the software settings, because it is an automatic backup software. If it's a one time thing you're doing, set the schedule to something that isn't "Daily" unless you want it to daily upload changes to your videos.

Hope this helps

ECaarnage

Honorable
Mar 2, 2013
Thank you for your replies everyone. We have decided to just use skype to send the videos and we are compressing them with handbrake :)

Status
Not open for further replies.