Alienware Question Laptops, Hate

G

1. Good? Well, as good as any other "gaming laptops." Desktops will trump them in most measures.
2. (i) I have seen no evidence that Alienware uses substantially worse hardware than Clevo/Sager, MSI, or ASUS. Until I do, I will say that the frequency of failure is because Alienware sells more laptops than its competitors.
(ii) Alienware's warranty is far better than the competition's, and the support base makes up for most inadequacies in Dell's customer support.
(iii) Which other "gaming laptops" have manual graphics switching (turning off Optimus/Enduro), CPU BIOS overclocking, above-average chassis stability, upgrading without vBIOS modding, Alienware's support base, and Dell's Next Business Day warranty? Whether they are worth the money is your question to answer, but to say that Alienware laptops have no advantages is ludicrous. Oh, and people have bought their Alienwares for less than Sagers with the same specifications sell for.

Expect Dell Precision and other business laptops to be more reliable but have less GPU power.