McAfee, Intel Launch LiveSafe Facial/Voice Recognition Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

icepick314

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2002
aren't those iffy at best?
like when you're sick and your voice changes?
or get a haircut?
or makeup for women?
and facial recognition can be fooled with a printed picture?

These recognition systems have been around since at least the early 90's. So far no one is interested. I know I'm not. Plus all inherent security goes out the windows if you have to depend on a McAfee product.
I wonder how well voice recognition will work in a noisy room.? How about facial recognition getting thrown off by glasses, poor lighting, improper angle, someone sitting next to you, &c? Plus it precludes just telling someone your password so they can access something which is necessary at times or plain convenient.

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
I'm still scratching my head as to why we paid over 6B for these jokers. They've done nothing and their products are just as bad as before. We should have gotten 6B all in 10's and lit it on fire. At least them we'd of had a fun company BBQ.

velosteraptor

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
My Alienware m11x has a facial recognition software.. its pretty much useless. Unless im sitting directly under a light, it wont recognize me. Add to that if you have a hat or a hood on, its a no go. And finally, it takes about 20 seconds, where it would take about 5 seconds to just type in a password.
Voice recognition too has problems, i think the only way that really makes sense is to use fingerprint scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.