Asus K55VD won't start

dogla

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013
Hi guys, hope someone can have an idea about this....A friend of mine has a K55VD laptop but sometimes it just doesn't turn on. When pressing the power button only that lights up with the power led but that's just it and you can't even turn it off by keeping the power button pressed, the battery needs to be pulled. She said that she has to take out the battery and reinsert a couple of times before it finally turns on.... I have it here with me and I can confirm that it's only the power led and button are lit, I don't hear hdd or fans spinning. Could this maybe be a motherboard failure?

thanx in advance,
Arvin

Asus_USA

Honorable
May 1, 2013
Does the laptop work with the battery out but plugged into the wall? If so, you might have a battery problem. If it still does not work, contact support and they should be able to help you guys troubleshoot it over the phone or Livechat.

dogla

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013

It's the same with battery or plugged in.....

dogla

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013
Was a motherboard problem. Now that has been changed, but display is dim. I can see video with a flashlight but not without. I already changed the screen and LCD cable but still the same. Everything is ok with external monitor. Anyone have any idea what else to do? I've read about a fuse for the backlight but can't locate that on the board.....