Google May Open Retail Stores Focused on Glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

cats_Paw

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
Glasses that require training, now we are talking :D.
But this will go so fast into "I have my privacy" mode that i would not be surprised if the product never makes it to the market.

bambiboom

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012
__In my view, Google Glass is one of those great technological ideas born of the tendency to develop something only because it's possible. After an initial novelty factor, the users of Glass will be relatively specialized > law enforcement would seem to be the prime user, along with researchers and scientists.
__An odd social backlash due to privacy issues and governmental issues for example distraction while driving has begun a year before the device goes on sale. they'll be banned in bars and restaurants and while driving. I've seen a number of commentators- well, only thirty or forty expressing sentiments to the effect that Google Glass users in public should expect punches in the face! The paranoia crowd has been likewise quick to point out that with Google Glass, the police will be able to know exactly where you are at all times and through the magic of GPS- how fast you're driving.
__My speculation is that for quite a long while, wearable computers, especially those that include anything resembling surveillance cameras, such as Google Glass will place users into the class of suspicious persons occupied by the gizmo-nerds, the home-paramilitary, stalkers, and dangerous loners.
__Google's dreams of massive consumer sales in retail stores may be "premature".
BB

Matel Onely

Honorable
May 9, 2013
If you haven't seen the SN skit, it's worth searching for it on YouTube. this concept really is kind of retarded. I can see it for journalists, law enforcement, and some military. @bambiloom...a punch in the face...classic!

Status
Not open for further replies.