"error while searching for networks" Lenovo A690

mbab423

Honorable
May 9, 2013
"error while searching for networks" Lenovo A690

Having trouble with Lenovo A690. I bought it in the Philippines. It's still working there but when I got back here in the US, it has this "no service" thing. I tried asking my network provider if my roaming is already active, and they said yes, but I still don't have the signal.

I tried doing what they have suggested, the "manual activation"... Settings --> Wireless & networks --> Mobile Networks --> Network Mode --> Auto Mode.... still no service.

I also tried this, Settings --> Wireless & networks --> Mobile Networks --> Network operators... "error while searching for networks"... it has been like this for a week...

I need to get this phone working because I'm getting charged of the roaming activity of the sim. And also, I need it for communicating...

Need help. Thanks.

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
Go to Settings --> Wireless & networks --> Mobile Networks --> Access Point Names --> Click menu then select "new APN."

You'll need to get the info from your carrier in order to fill out, but once the fields in this form are filled, save the APN then set it as active.

If this still doesn't work, you might need to ask your carrier about unlocking the phone for international use. You could buy a local SIM card to avoid the roaming fees that way.