looking for a portable gaming laptop

warrior_richard

Honorable
May 9, 2013
I am looking for a gaming laptop that is fairly light and can deliver. I will be willing to pay around 1200-1800$ for it. I want to at least have a 660m in it. I want to be able to play games like battlefield 3,planet side 2, and Arma 3. I would prefer manufactures that are not MSI.

warrior_richard

Honorable
May 9, 2013
1. What is your budget?
1200-1800$
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
It dosint matter
3. What screen resolution do you want?
1080p
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
A bit of both
5. How much battery life do you need?
at least 3 hours
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Planetside 2,medium-high, Battle field 3 medium-high
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
web browsing, some adobe photoshop
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
at least 500gb
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
www.amazon.com www.newegg.com
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
3-4 years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
I don't need one
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I don't like MSI because in my opinion there computors look just awful.
13. What country do you live in?
America
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I like my laptop to feel sturdy, and look nice. A lot of times the keyboards on laptops have really bad keys that tend to be really bad quality. I also want it to feel sturdy on the keys and on the computer its self. I also like it when laptops have nice looks. I don't want it to look like some giant fat cube.

Lonewonderer

Honorable
Apr 8, 2013
It's better if you purchase it from them installed. I'll pay an extra $80 to $100 for them to install it. Saves you the warranty and hassle.

warrior_richard

Honorable
May 9, 2013
Thank you for all of the help. I bought the Lenovo y500 with the 750m. Then I bought a second 750m to sli and the power brick. Thank you very much. Lonewonder there is no hassle for installing the second graphics card for Lenovo. All you do is take out the optical drive and replace it.