Speakers and HDMI audio (TV) play simultaneously

Sproutzy

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
Hi,

I'm after achieving what the title says.

I've followed instruction and set my speakers as default playback device and Stereo Mix as default listening device. I then changed the 'Playback through this device' to The HDMI audio (AMD HDMI OUTPUT) but it's still only playing through the PC speakers.

Any ideas on how to solve this? I was hoping to achieve a kind of surround sound effect by using both PC speakers and TV speakers together.

Thanks

i'm not sure what you want to do is possible. the audio signal is either decoded by your soundcard and sent to the speakers or is sent to the tv on the hdmi cable and is decoded by the tv. i've heard of people attempting something similar (but they wanted to play two different programs using two different speaker sets one tv, one pc speakers) however the solutions were iffy to say the least. even if those solutions would work (doubtful) they are different than what you want.

as far as "surround sound effect" is concerned......this is not going to happen. since you did not list what you have i will guess a 2.0 speaker system (since if you had 5.1 you wouldnt need a ss effect). if you could get sound to be output on both devices at best you would just have two speakers on left channel and two speakers on right channel. if there is any delay in processing you could potentially have sound which is played slightly before the other set of speakers.

you can buy a set of 5.1 surround sound speakers for $50 or less which will give you true surround sound. this is a far better and easier option.