How to remove white noise from mic recording?

Soul826

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012
So I have been using Adobe Audition CS5.5 to remove noise from my mic for some videos I do but as of a week or so ago whenever I try to use the reduce noise effect in Audition it removes the noise but when I am speaking there is a very large echo.

This did not happen before and I'm not sure if I just forgot how to do it or if it's not user error. A few more things though, as far as white noise when and when not speaking is it caused by your sound card or your mic? I have seen a lot of posts on numerous forums saying "The noise may be your sound card, try plugging your mic into another device like a phone." etc. but at this moment I do not have anything else besides my computer to hook it up too.

I did try to update my sound card drivers but I think I did it incorrectly, I have a few friends who for their audio icon in their taskbar it is orange and has more features but as for mine pre and post attempted-driver-update it is still the white speaker instead of an orange one. And to be honest I am not entirely sure the name of my sound card though its from Realtek seeing as how in my volume mixer it always says (Realtek High Definition Audio).

I have the Razer Tiamat 2.2.

andrew_berge

Honorable
Apr 29, 2013
Removing noise from audio will never be perfect. You're far better off finding where it's coming from and stopping it at the source.
For instance, in your recording device's settings, do you have any "microphone boost" applied? This should only be turned on if you absolutely need it.
Gaming headsets typically don't have the best microphones either, and that's probably adding to the problem.