Need some headphones for gaming.

spat55

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
So I have ordered my monitor :) I am use to using a 5.1 setup with my TV, so I need something that is as good as that for as cheap as possible :lol: any ideas? I heard all around the place that "Gaming" Headsets are rubbish, just like most things with "Gaming" on them.

audioranger

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013
it's true that the term "gaming headphones" is often tied to gimmicky, lackluster models that look sleek, but have tinny mids and overdrawn bass, so the word gets a bad rap. surround sound is a bit over-hyped too, and while positional audio can be great to have in FPS games, most overlook the fact that a good, solid pair of stereo cans will sound just as good as 'gaming' types, likely better.

that's not to say there aren't good "gaming" headsets out there; they're just more difficult to find. moreover, the worthwhile ones can be, depending on your budget, prohibitively expensive, esp. if you're looking for as cheap as possible (Sennheiser 350/360 and Beyerdynamic MMX 300 come to mind). given that, if you're set on trying out a 'gaming' model, look at either

Corsair Vengeance 2000
Logitech G930

If you're willing to try a budget stereo model, go ATH-M50.

best of luck man

spat55

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012

I was looking at some platronics Gamecons. But still thinking...