Odd Windows 7 install issue

Mattam111

Honorable
May 8, 2012
Hp pavilion DM4 3099se
So, I did a normal wipe and install like every other computer I've done. At the end of the installation, this laptop would state "windows setup could not configure windows to run on this hardware". Then proceeds to flash the blue screen and restart. I checked diag log to find error code 03f0. So I put the hdd in my tower, formatted it fully, and the install went fine (this is another way to successfully install an os and return it to the computer it came from btw). So I put it back in the hp only to find that it did the same thing (flash blue screen and restart over and over).
Here's the wierd part. So the hard drive works which we have already concluded yet it will not work in the hp. BUT... a completely different harddrive completed the install on the hp flawlessly. So the hdd and the laptop are good. Odd situation hu.. Got any ideas???

Mattam111

Honorable
May 8, 2012
This fix forced the installation to finish.
At "windows setup cannot configure...." error, hit shift f10 to open command prompt.
"Cd.."
"Cd.."
"Cd c:\windows\system32\oobe"
Type "msoobe"
This will force the installation to proceed to set computer name, password, time etc.

Afterwards... I ran into unsigned drivers... awesome. I played with test mode and used programs to sign them, used cmd, and tried other things to get the wireless drivers to work. Got it to work in test mode. Once disabled they should have stayed working. No luck. I just ordered the recovery disk from hp and said screw it lol. Put too much time into what should have been an extremely simple process.