Schmidt: Talking To Google Glass Can Be a Little Weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

senkasaw

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010
If this were the Star Trek universe it wouldn't be weird. We definitely need more voice activated stuff. I'm really looking forward to the day when I am having issues finding the right screw at the hardware store (you know what I am talking about...you find the ones just bigger and just smaller than the one you are looking for, the dang thing is never where it should logically be located) I can address the "computer" and ask it to locate the screw I need, and then have an attractive yet helpful voice respond with the appropriate information.
That would be nice.

G

Talking to your smartphone can be a bit weird too. The fact of the matter is that a device like this WILL add value to your life. How much value? No one knows. It has to be enough to outweigh privacy concerns. Google is going to need a strong developer environment and some keen marketing to pull this off. I haven't even found many startups in my travels that are focusing on wearable computing like the Glass platform. I've only found http://www.dsky9.com -- They have a free GlassFAQ with PSD templates for rapid prototyping Glass apps, UI/UX info, market analysis.. the whole shabazzi. I figured that I would pass it along because it was a great resource for me as a developer. Does anyone else have any insights on where this market will go? Will Glass be the be-all-end-all wearable form factor?

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
I'm just interested in wearable displays. Instead of having a smartphone, and a tablet, and a 13" laptop and a multi-monitor desktop, I wish I could only make-do with a smartphone and glasses or whatever that turn my entire field of vision into a display. Integrate motion sensing into it, maybe even subvocalization recognition, and we'll finally have one form factor to rule them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.