Failing to boot my hard drive

Adrenus

Honorable
Apr 26, 2013
I have a asus laptop k55a rhi5n13 I'm not sure if this is bad but when i go to bed tilt the laptop against the wall or against the bed since im on a very high bed. Well I woke up today and turned it on and it failed to boot the hard drive and I couldnt figure out why. So I went to the bios by pressing esc multiple times when turned it on. When I got there I saw the hard drive that is my lab top that i wanted it to boot from and It failed each time when i click the dvd drive thing it will load the laptop up but some games I can't play. There is another hard drive on it that I could load from that works as well but same issue. Ive had this laptop since november and its been great till this random moment that won't load my hard drive. Any help would be most appreciated. Realtek PXE B03 D00 is the hard drive that my lab top is trying to boot yet when I try to boot it up it says Media test failure, check cable. The other two boot drives that I can choose from is P2 slimtype DVD A DS8A8SH, windows boot manager I'm currently on windows boot manager at the moment till I can figure out how to fix it.

ratedk

Distinguished
It sounds like the Hard Drive has failed, or is failing. The boot option your being given for Realtek PXE is for network boot, which is in the bios boot options listed after the Hard Drive. Your network is not set up to boot from, therefore you get the the 'Media test failure.'
If you have access to another PC, you'll want to download and use Hirens Boot CD to SMART test the HDD (which has probably reached the end of it's usable life).

Try reseating the hard drive (access it, pull it out, put it back in, and make sure it's secure). Often times, this error is either:

1. A loose/bad connection
2. Failing drive

If the drive does not appear in BIOS after reseating it, then it's probably bad, but you can boot from Hiren's as ratedk suggested to analyze the SMART (use HD Sentinel).

From November until now is not very long, and unless you abuse the machine somehow, a drive's life expectancy is several years (but of course, there are exceptions).