cell phone keeps vibrating will not turn on

sskeleton10

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
hi. i got a tmobile samsung galaxy s2. I am out of my warranty. i had my phone for about six month thru a warranty exchange.
I was browsing espn.com, then out of no where the phone turned itself off and started to vibrate. I have tried to power it on, and it just vibrates. it turns on a quarter way then begins to vibrate. i left the battery out since the problem started waited the whole night to pass, still just beeps.

I googled how to put phone into discovery mode, but when I do the steps, it also powers the discovery mode quarter way then turns off and starts to vibrate. Is it a sticky power button. The power button presses normally,doesnt resist when i press it.

Sunil Sukhlall

Honorable
Oct 4, 2013
SOLUTION !!! Hey i share your pain... i have an S2 as well and have been facing the same problem... my phone is rooted so at first i thought the problem was due to an unstable custom rom... anyway the REAL problem is called a "STICKY POWER KEY". all you need is a bright light, a can of CRC (the none conductive type) and a Phillips head screw driver.. you need to remove the back cover of your phone, remove your battery and or charger , sim and sd card then remove the six screws that is holding the phone together. after that , carefully pry open the phone and remove the circuit board that has the power button and the volume Buttons.. this is a little tricky because in order to get the circuit board out you will need to detach some connectors.. now you need to spray some CRC on the power button using the fine tip straw that comes with the CRC CAN .. then you just need to press the power button until you get tired... i use CRC intermittently while i press, be careful not to get too much on the circuit board tho.. when you are done , put the phone back together and let it sit for an hour then replace the battery and turn on your phone voila ..... feel free to inbox me if you require further assistance...