Portable gaming on a budget. Should I get this laptop or this one?

Jabe Gusler

Honorable
Apr 18, 2013
Hi! I'm not very experienced with laptops, so I thought I would ask which one would be better for these games:

-WoW
-Starcrat 2: HotS
-Skyrim
-Any Source Engine game

Skyrim is alow priority. I would like to play it but I don't need to.

What really matters are WoW, SC2, and Source Engine games such as Portal 2.

I would like to play on high settings on WoW, possibly med-high, on SC2, and high on source games.

The laptops I am looking at are these two:

http://www.staples.com/All-Laptop-Computers/product_167760_2_-1_10001

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834312434

From what I gather, the Lenovo has a better APU in terms of graphical power, but the Toshiba has a faster CPU but slightly downgraded APU.

Which one should I buy? Can either run WoW and SC2 well with good graphics?

Jabe Gusler

Honorable
Apr 18, 2013

How well would they each perform though?

Cyanide Reverse

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013

I personally don't have any benchmarks but I could try finding some for you.

Jabe Gusler

Honorable
Apr 18, 2013
I notice the Lenovo is Out of Stock. Anyone know how long it takes NewEgg to stock an item? I have been waiting for 3 days.

g-unit1111

Distinguished

Usually they have a tab that says "Remind me when product is in stock". Click on that and enter your e-mail address.

Jabe Gusler

Honorable
Apr 18, 2013

That's a great service and all, but my situation is time sensitive. It would be nice if they had some sort of restocking schedule I can view. I am leaving for a trip at the beginning of May, and the laptop is being bought for this reason. Now i'm stuck between these two. If the Lenovo isn't restocked, I have to settle for the Toshiba and get the Staples site to store 1 day. If I knew a possible time frame for a restock, I can make a choice I won't immediately regret.

Rragar

Honorable
Apr 21, 2013
WoW is used for Tom's hardware processor reviews, since it's more processor-intensive than gpu-intensive. If that is what you care about the most, then you should get the laptop with the strongest cpu.