SD card not recognized on Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

annmarie1616

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013
I have a samsung android and recently purchased a larger memory card so I can load more apps. I keep getting Low storage notices and found anything I am loading to my PC is going directly to the phone. When I attempt to "move it to my sd card" that option is grayed out (not available). I feel that it is 26.00 down the drain, since I cannot even download a facebook app. Please let me know how to fix this issue. I'm sure it's something simple! I hope! Thanks!

Solution
On the phone, go to settings > storage. There should be an option to format the SD card.

If the option doesn't appear, you'll need to format it using your computer. If your computer has a memory card reader built in, which most now days do, then great. If not, you can pick an external one up for about $5 and even return it when you're done if you really feel like being cheap :p

Insert the card in the reader and open My Computer. It should appear as a "removable storage device."
Right click it and select format. In the little window that appears, check the quick format option, and select to format it as fat32.

Once it's done formatting, which should only take a minute or two, you can put it back in the phone and you should be good to...

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
On the phone, go to settings > storage. There should be an option to format the SD card.

If the option doesn't appear, you'll need to format it using your computer. If your computer has a memory card reader built in, which most now days do, then great. If not, you can pick an external one up for about $5 and even return it when you're done if you really feel like being cheap :p

Insert the card in the reader and open My Computer. It should appear as a "removable storage device."
Right click it and select format. In the little window that appears, check the quick format option, and select to format it as fat32.

Once it's done formatting, which should only take a minute or two, you can put it back in the phone and you should be good to go.

Make sure you right click it in My Computer and select "eject" before removing it though or you could end up with a corrupted SD card and wind up having to buy a new one.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.