USB device not recognized, read everything thread I could find (code 43)

FirebatHero

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013
Sorry, not sure exactly where to post this.

I know there is a million threads on this issue, and I have read them all and tried all things. Nothing is working. I have four USB ports on my laptop (it's a cheap custom build) and none of my USB devices are being recognized on it. One day everything worked fine, the next nothing is being recognized and drivers are failing to be installed correctly and I get code 43. I have a external hardrive, USB cam, and USB mouse...nothing works.

I've tried taking the laptop apart and cleaning it, uninstalling the devices and reinstalling in the device manager, updating the drivers, powering off the computer and taking out the battery and holding down the power button for a few seconds, windows updates, patches, messing around in the registry. Nothing works.

FirebatHero

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013

FirebatHero

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013

I'm not sure exactly what you meant, but I'm assuming you meant to ask if I have a device that will tell me if my USB ports recieve power. In that case, I do not.

However, when I plug in my USB mouse, the laser part of it will light up and stay lit, indicating that it is receiving power. When I move my thumb over the laser part of the mouse it lights up brighter, meaning that it senses something. Also since my computer detects something was plugged in, I would assume that the USB ports work. It's just that the drivers won't install, and it says unknown USB device.