Android App Hackers Reach for the Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spooderman

Honorable
Jan 13, 2013
Woah, this is some serious stuff. What's to stop terrorists and really stupid hackers from developing or releasing this technology? The Aviation industry better start fixing things FAST.

bak0n

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
Wonder what the range is. Would you have to be on board the aircraft to hack or would it be accessible through the FAA's net? If its close proximity then it'd be much less concerning to me. Although, hackers are always known to be the brightest with logical decision making (oh, let me crash this airplane I'm in to see if I can do it!).

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
There has already been a blog written by an actual pilot that pretty much debunks this. This stuff is NOT really serious; it would theoretically work under ideal condition on a simulator, but not so on a plane. People need to take a chill pill.

Gundam288

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
Just a few days AFTER I flew in a aircraft they put this on toms. Talk about being grateful considering I was reading toms before the flight at the terminal while waiting for my flight. O_O

lightbulbsocket

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
I wouldn't be quite so quick to dismiss this idea. I think though that as scary as the idea of someone electronically hijacking a plane is, I'm far more concerned about someone applying the same concept to cars. I suspect it's far easier and far more likely. It'll be quite some time before someone convinces me to buy a car with drive by wire tech inside of it.

happyballz

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
Complete BS. Anyone who knows at least a little about airplanes know that these systems are not connected. Radio is a separate piece of equipment from flight control hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.