Phone keeps crashing, not even new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMIN3M

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013
I used to have a Sony Ericsson with a basic Java feature, now I have a basic android phone, not so bad, cheap, works well enough, for both phones,(for my android this started just today), it simply crashes and then turns itself back on then crashes again. If I manage to somehow keep the screen on for a little longer than normal it turns white, then the logo comes and it turns on again. Since this happened on my Sony Ericsson I already know it's a software malfunction. just want to know how/why this happens, how can I prevent it, and unlike last time I would like to fix it at home, but I doubt I can without going to a customer care centre, since it's still under warranty it shouldn't be a real problem.

Solution
Try and do a hard reset before you take it in to claim your warranty.

Make sure the phone is off, then hold volume down + power until a menu appears (if it doesn't work, try volume up). Navigate using the volume keys and the power button to make selections. Find the factory reset option and confirm that's what you want to do.

Let it do it's thing, it should only take about 10 minutes.

If it's still glitching after, take it to customer service.

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
Try and do a hard reset before you take it in to claim your warranty.

Make sure the phone is off, then hold volume down + power until a menu appears (if it doesn't work, try volume up). Navigate using the volume keys and the power button to make selections. Find the factory reset option and confirm that's what you want to do.

Let it do it's thing, it should only take about 10 minutes.

If it's still glitching after, take it to customer service.

Solution

EMIN3M

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013
I tried your hard reset method, it worked, as in I could see the screen, but immediately before I could pick an option the phone froze. Then I couldn't do anything. Thanks all the same :)

EMIN3M

Honorable
Apr 14, 2013
It worked! It worked, the hard reset worked, I hadn't realised that you had to use the buttons to pick an option, I assumed it was via touch screen. Thanks so much Apanzee! I gotta admit, I'm sort of addicted to the damn thing, so I'll try and use it much less. Nevertheless thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.