Network 1 month subscription while on vacation

TjobStickz

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
Hello.
This summer i am going on vacation to the west coast in the USA. I was wondering, is it possible to get a temporary mobile network subscription for my smartphone? Mostly i am looking to get something with some data included, so i can have internet access.

TjobStickz

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011

Basically all i need is data. Text and talk er not really necessary.
What providers are there in the states that have such subscriptions? (I don't know anything about what providers there are in the USA)

unoriginal1

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012

The major providers here are AT&T and Verizon. I don't know if they have a stand alone data plan or not.. I highly doubt it to be honest only because they want more money :p. You can also try Sprint. There's a few other minor providers but it would depend on the location as to if you'll have service or not. Also on what type of phone you have.

Just make sure when you talk to them that you explain you own the phone out right and no contract is involved. Pre paid phones may also be a good option. Like "Go-Phone". Also if your phone is Wi-Fi capable there are a lot of hot spots here depending on where your at.

TjobStickz

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011

I have the Galaxy S3 with 4G/LTE capability, so i would prefer at least 3G internet included in the plan.
I am going to be traveling through california, arizona, utah and nevada in an RV, and i am not expecting RV camping sites to have WiFi. I am also a bit skeptical about the coverage out in those areas.

unoriginal1

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012
Ya coverage is going to be hit or miss to be honest. I'd find a map of where your going and compare it to a coverage map for both att and verizon. They will have the largest coverage area for 3g/4g.

Best of luck thou and welcome to the states when you get here. Hope you enjoy your stay.

TjobStickz

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
Okay, so i just looked at AT&T and Verizon homepages, searching for such a service that i need. Couldn't find anything (no surprise there), but i can't find a customer support email adresse anywhere. For obvious reasons, i can't call them directly (would cost me a minor fortune) :p
How do i get in contact with them via. email?

unoriginal1

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012

TjobStickz

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011