Help with a gaming/college laptop

oxycontinmoron

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013
Hey guys, I'm looking or a notebook for college. I am a hardcore pc gamer who is going to college next year and I want a laptop that can compliment my desktop.

1. What is your budget?
About 1000 but I might be able to convince my parents to go up a bit with my good grades.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Im looking for a 15.6 inch so it can be somewhat portable.

3. What screen resolution do you want?

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
I want good performance in demanding games so I can use this when im not in my dorm room with my desktop.

5. How much battery life do you need?
about 5 hours would be ok. I'll be able to plug it in during lectures.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
battlefield 3 (High)
LoL (Max)
maybe WoW if i get back into it (max)
day z (medium/high)

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
I'm majoring in computer science so i need to be able to code on it.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
at least 500 gb

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
newegg or amazon (open to suggestions)

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
hopefully all four years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Don't need one as I use steam and origin (lol)
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
No HP, apple, Dell

13. What country do you live in?
united states

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I don't need something too powerful as the most demanding games will be played on my desktop but I want games that I'll be playing at other locations like LoL, WoW, and bf3 to play nicely.

I have been looking at the Lenovo Y500 and it looks amazing but I want other options in case theres better ones out there. Thanks!

SuperPCRepair

Honorable
Apr 5, 2013
Ok i see you have said no Dell, but Alienware would tick all the boxes and they are very good quality, have you considered them at all? Ebay is a very good place to find brand new one with warranty with several hundred off the RRP.