Is it a right choice to open a laptop repair center without any experience and just to manage?

vish22

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
Hi I am not a computer hardware professional but have basic knowledge of hardware assembly and software installation,
I got a franchisee proposal from local multi brand service center who will service the laptops after warranty period, so as I don't have any experience in repairing myself, They says I will be just managing so I have no need to worry about services as I will employ technicians and they will repair.
so is it good option to invest in a local franchisee or I must go for Brand as I am new for business too....But I don't know where to contact for Brand service center in India, can you tell me where to find? I guess Taking a Brand franchisee will save me from risks of business.

thanks

Hi :)

See my sig...

It could be done , but a Laptop is a LOT more complicated to fix than a Pc....

You are going to NEED some VERY experienced employees that are experts in Laptop repair...NOT PC REPAIR... its TOTALLY different...

If you need more advice , just ask...

All the best Brett :)

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
Hard part sounds like will be getting the employee's experienced in this sort of thing. And you don't have the ability to train them yourself which make it all that harder. My advice with how one of my buddies tried talking me into helping him start a pc repair business from hearing what he was planning is make sure you have everything in order for getting it started and don't expect to make a profit immediately so don't rely on that as it may take time to build up a customer base. Also when you find a suitable building have it checked out by the fire department if you can before you buy as you may have to make some changes due to fire codes, so you don't get hit by any surprises, even if it met the codes for the previous owner if you come in and run this business it may be classed as a different occupancy type and thus subject to a different set of codes. And I would also make sure electrical is done properly, and have those surge protector outlets. And the list goes on.

vish22

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
Thanks for your kind guidance,

These local franchisee are not well known themselves and asking lot to invest in franchisee fee, employing people,paying for their training in company, purchasing their equipment and also in infrastructure of their standard.
As a new person for business I am feeling it as a burden until business runs successfully because its my responsibility how I makes sure that I have sufficient employees and they are available all time for me.

"Someone shared his experience with me that employees are not reliable in this field, as you will pay for their training so you will be loosing lots of money and they can quit without any notice. As a franchisee we can't make a contract with them as well as per Govt. rule".

If there any other business option is available, so I can start on my own and what home work I need to do, in this computer hardware field so please share with me .

thanks