Installing ios onto an android device?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 23, 2013
So, this is my imagination going crazy. I thought about it and was wondering would it be possible to run ios on an android device. Here is my theory:
1. Jailbreak ios device and root android device
2. do a complete wipe of android device to get it 100% clean of all traces of android OS
3. Clone all the files in jailbroken iPod or iPhone using ifile (or some other software) for PC
4. Copy them to the android device's internal storage.
5. boot up iDroid and go.

I am not sure this would work, i know it shouldn't work because the ios is probably locked to the hardware. But if it did I would be stuck with the currently installed apps and no access to iTunes store.

My other idea was to physically take out the internal storage on the iPhone and replace the android device storage with it.

While thinking about it, maybe I could install a custom ios into the android, but then again it may not work properly.

I am not sure if this is the correct category for this but I didn't know where else to put it.

Please let me hear you input on this topic, if this was already discussed I am sorry but google did not turn up any results.

P.S. My reasoning? I can't stand apple products hardware but i love the OS and don't want to give up some apps.

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
iOS will not run on any Android device.

I'd recommend you to the XDA forums for help but if you went there asking how to do this they'd just call you a noob. We're a lot nicer. :p

The best you could do would be likely to run a modded Android ROM designed after iOS.

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
I know there's iOS designed variants of CyanoGenMod. They aren't officially supported, but you can test them out in a virtual machine first if you want to. Or you could download the officially supported releases of CyanoGenMod and customize them yourself. I'd recommend the latter.

rwea25a

Honorable
Feb 7, 2014
Hi guys! I 've been watching all these guys who keep laughing at those who "dare" ask this question... Never mind... So, I guess you have heard of some "crazy" guys who have managed to install Mac OS X on PC's (Well, I'm one of them...). What they did was ... change some SMBIOs variables (and strings...) in order to make the OS "believe" that the hardware is supported by Apple. Also, they made a compatible Bootloader as a bridge... So, let's get down to work now...

Devon_15

Commendable
May 5, 2016

theres a phone called a Blackvie Ultra A6, its an android, but if you go into the settings it has an ios mode which disguises it as an ios! just search the phone on YouTube and watch a review on it!

LifeOf

Commendable
May 26, 2016

basically did call him a nOOb.

Mar 23, 2013
Three years and 52000 views later I am surprised this post is still getting comments haha. I have long since moved on from apple stuff to rooted androids. And other stuff too, I think I even started this thread before I even built my first computer. Personally, I would have liked to continue to do n00bish things to jail-broken apple products but they are just so expensive...

Sorry for the off-topic rambling. If you want to hear more PM me for my Steam and Origin names.

Just because I am posting this doesn't mean I don't want to people to stop commenting about my original post. I still find the random posts every few months to be interesting. So keeping commenting!

Awesomethumbs

Commendable
Aug 19, 2016
So... no one every did this before? I'm guessing it's impossible... I looked on youtube all day today, and I havent' seen not one person ever do this! Everyone has either downloaded themed apps like Ilauncher and Inoty... or use roms.. but never went full on out transplant of ios softward on a android hardware...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS