Sony Ericsson T630 Copy contacts with broken screen

janbarber

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013
Hi,

My wife dropped her Sony Ericsson T630 on the ground and broke the screen. The phone still works, I can still receive and make calls and so on, but the screen is completely blank. Since she was saving her contacts on the phone's memory, there's nothing stored on the sim card.

I know that there's an option to copy the contacts from the phone memory to the sim memory, or to send the phonebook through bluetooth. However it's very difficult to access these options without the use of a screen. I've scoured the internet for a walkthrough or screenshots, but nothing to be found...

I was hoping somebody could give me a walkthrough (for example 2 steps up, enter, three steps down,...) or send screenshots/film their own cell phone. We would both appreciate this sooo much!!!

Thanks in advance! Jan

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
Hmm. Did she have the phone setup to sync with her Gmail account?

If she did, all her contacts should be viewable via Gmail. Login at www.gmail.com and on the left hand side there's a contacts book.

If she didn't this would be blank. Or have very few entries. If this is the case, your best bet would be to take it to a professional.

janbarber

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013
Thanks for your quick reply!

But no, she never synched the phone with anything. It's quite old (8 years I think, multiply by 10000 to now the cell-phone-years) and she isn't particularly tech-savvy.
I just removed the old, broken screen. I'll check now to see if I can find a reasonably priced replacement.

Too bad that the cell phone market changes so quickly. I was hoping someone on this forum still owned a T630, but I expect all those models are lying on a dump in Africa by now...

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
I know you can get replacement screens for iPhones and most Androids for under $80 CAD. Including installation.

I'm not too sure about older models like this though.

Are the contacts absolutely non existent elsewhere? Is it possible to get the numbers again through Facebook or other?

I ask because the price of a screen may be equal to the price of a new (non-smart) phone. It might be a better option just to start fresh.

janbarber

Honorable
Apr 1, 2013
Well I found a new screen online for around €22, that's actually not too bad. I know it's probably more economical just to buy a new one (who knows, it might break down in a few weeks, with the new screen). But she only has the contacts on her phone and this really plays in favour of repairing it. She's got no facebook and she dreads having to ask everyone.

I kinda like fixing the thing instead of throwing it out, so I guess we'll go that way.

Thanks for your help!