Stopping DBAN in The Middle of the Wiping Process

Justin Waterhouse

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013
So today I decided that I was going to wipe my hard drive. I heard that DBAN was a recommended tool and decided to use it. Now when I got the program and used it on the computer, I didn't realize that it would take so much time to wipe the drive, due to my lack of research before using the program. Seeing that it would take so much time to wipe the drive, I shut my computer off in the middle of wiping the drive to see if there was a quicker way, or maybe use DBAN again and just let it go through the process. The problem is is that when I try to use the program again I get an error message on my screen as such:

ERROR /dev/sde (process crash)

It repeats the error message five times on the screen and then says press any key to continue. Because of this I cannot reinstall windows as far as I am concerned. Any information would be helpful.

MeneerWitte

Honorable
Nov 27, 2012
:hello:

Kindly I ask your attention. :)

If you can download Paragon Partition/Drive Manager Live CD/DVD, you could restore or finish the job and you will have your disk back.
Guess, there will be a lot of free Partition/Drive Manager Live ISO's for free on the net.

Start your browser, search with different search engines and use different phrases:

Paragon Partition Manager Live iso download

The question will remain, if the installation/burning will use some of the already installed drivers on your system. That will mean, if you try to create the CD/DVD, it might need some drivers you have installed on your system.
Just try it, and if not working proper:

Look on the net for other Partition Manager/Drive ISO's:

Free Partition Manager Live iso download

There you will find a lot of links to go for, like: GPar, Partition Wizard and so on.

If you want to find out if they will need some of your already installed drivers, look ad there specs I guess and requirements. And if non, I guess they are usable.

The program you used, whipped the beginning of your HDD/SSD and you didn't let the program finish, so no new beginning part written I guess, no recognition by the system and other software.

When you have your drive back, you still need to do the total whip. This time do it over night and/or work, I guess it might be possible to let the program shut the system down after finish.

Hopefully I let you known enough and that you will find the answers you seek! :)

Good luck and have fun doing it! :)

Best Regards,

MeneerWitte