iPhone 5 or Galaxy S3?

mthall720

Honorable
Mar 28, 2013
I have had an IPhone for several years but am sooooo tempted by the Samsung Galaxy S3 or possibly the Verizon Razr. I will be using the Verizon Carrier I think and need to decide pretty soon. My concerns are that after reading so many people posts about dropped calls not sure what to think. After reading reviews comparing the iPhone 5 vs Galaxy S3 it sounds like it is a matter of preference. Anyone here with Verizon and have tried both the iPhone and the Samsung?

wscrimpshire

Honorable
Jan 10, 2013
I was having this same debate, and Wednesday I went with the Galaxy S3. I've always been an android type of guy, and do still believe I will stick with it. My old phone was the X2. I loved it, but the battery life was gettin horrible on it. Its usually dead around 1030 or sooner, and the galaxy lasted till about 330 yesterday evening, and i stay on it pretty much all the time here at work. I am pretty impressed with the Galaxy

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
Don't buy an i(diot)Phone.

The S3 is one of the best phones on the market at the moment. For similar specs and about $300 less, you could go for the Google Nexus instead if you want.

Either way, the dropped calls you're hearing a lot about are the carriers fault, not the phone. Personally I have an HTC phone, but I know a couple people with the S3. I've never heard a complaint from them about dropped calls. Just go with a different carrier.

Lunatasian

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
I'm going to give you a non-biased opinion. iPhone is great. Galaxy S3 is great. I think that they are both good, but in terms of hardware performance, Galaxy S 3 is a little bit tougher. iPhone 5 has a sturdier design though. I think that you should go with the Droid DNA though. It's a great quad core phone with 2 GB RAM and a great 1080P screen! Or, you should wait for the Galaxy S4, as it simply blasts both the Iphone, Galaxy S3 and the Droid DNA out of the water, in terms of benchmarks.

Hope I helped!
Tell me how it goes!

alisha777

Honorable
Jul 12, 2012
It's not prudent to compare two different pieces of smartphones just because the whole world expects you to. The fact is, Galaxy S III is of a different league. Sure, it came out just before the iPhone 5 and was aimed at it particularly, but then, there are tons of features like NFC, micro SD support, open platform that are not on iPhone 5. Does that make iPhone 5 inferior? Well, I think not. Different users, different preferences.

John2014

Honorable
May 16, 2013
S3 beats iPhone4, iPhone5 beats S3,
S4 beats iPhone5, iPhone5 beats S4,
iPhone6 beats S4, S5 beats iPhone6

It's going in circles...

John2014

Honorable
May 16, 2013

Thats just my observation... feel free to disagree lol

abgaut

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
If you know that you have to buy Apple, you don't ask. You just buy. Since now you have solicited an opinion its pretty sure you don't know that you have to buy an iPhone. Which in turn implies that you are comparing. Hence go for whatever you find better in comparison.

jonathan cha

Honorable
Aug 3, 2013
I would rather go for an iPhone, Im not a total iPhone fan but its going to be better than a Galaxy S3. I own both of these devices but I think the iPhone is much better mainly because it seems more stable, Android is sorta glitchy but thats not Samsungs fault its not even a glitch its just the way the OS was built. iPhones have their own unique OS thats what makes it run smoothly but the weird thing is the iPhone 5 is slightly better than the S3 in performance wise because it beats the S3 in benchmarks and other tests. If you want a phone thats more geared towards customization then a S3 might be better since its Android but, that means less apps to download. iOS is pretty stale its way too basic it feels like everything is restricted besides arranging the icons and setting your wallpaper. The S3 isnt the best phone in the world its alright even the iPhone its not the best phone either but an iPhone would be a better choice for fluid and fast UI and android just for customization. You can try out the S3 as your first Android phone.

seitec2000

Honorable
Aug 6, 2013
S3 all the way. Much faster, more advanced.

I've read android is glitchy on one of the posts... and I really can't relate to that at all. I have a Galaxy note and a much cheaper Huawei ascend Y200, I never had ANY problems or 'glitches' with these.

Another thing to check is the brilliant apps that go with the S3 like the Samsung Calendar etc which do make all the difference in a smartphone.

g-unit1111

Distinguished
I've had iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, and an HTC One. I like the One the best out of those phones. I did not like the Galaxy I had at all and that's why when I switched carriers, I was not interested in purchasing a new one.

seitec2000

Honorable
Aug 6, 2013
I though the question was about Galaxy S3 or iphone5. Of course S4 is better than S3 but more expensive as well. You can buy S3 in good prices now.

viqlinker

Honorable
Aug 8, 2013
Galaxy S3 and the Droid DNA out of the water, in terms of benchmarks.
13.gif