20 Video Game Easter Eggs and Where to Find Them

Status
Not open for further replies.

T_T

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
In Daytona, on the Advanced track, if you turn your car around and then head into the tunnel, you'll see a sign that reads "Congratulations, you just lost your sponsor!" It's pretty funny.

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
Rebel Assault II. Enter the name of one of the actors in the level code thingy and get lots of bloopers and even stormtrooper chorus line videos.

agnickolov

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
There were a lot of cross-advertisements within Sierra games - Space Quest, King's Quest, Leisure Suit Larry, Quest For Glory, Police Quest, etc. That's probably how the practice appeared in LucasFilm/LucasArts games too (they were called LucasFilm before they changed the name to LucasArts).

zybch

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
[citation][nom]firefyte[/nom]I think the ultimate Easter egg from many many games is missing: Dopefish!(Dopefish lives!)[/citation]
I haven't seen the Dopefish since Quake3 Arena.

agnickolov

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
Doom II has two secret levels. One of them (the first I think) is themed as a Nazi section of Hell. You get to relive the Wolfenstein 3D days. Hooray!

philipjacobs

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
I was going to mention the Doom 2 levels also! But there is one that was really funny in Ultima 7. Outside the major city to the east is a Kilrathi Space ship. If you talk to the farmer he tells you about how he was attacked by a cat-thing that wanted to "Kill Wrathy". Then he says something like, I do not know who Wrathy is, but I sure wouldn't want to be him!

philipjacobs

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
I was going to mention the Doom 2 levels also! But there is one that was really funny in Ultima 7. Outside the major city to the east is a Kilrathi Space ship. If you talk to the farmer he tells you about how he was attacked by a cat-thing that wanted to "Kill Wrathy". Then he says something like, I do not know who Wrathy is, but I sure wouldn't want to be him!

philipjacobs

Distinguished
May 5, 2011

philipjacobs

Distinguished
May 5, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.