EA Launches Battlefield 4 Site, Game Footage Coming Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandus

Honorable
Mar 21, 2013
why do i feel like the article writer is a retard ? it has been more than a year since BF3 release and they are just showing a teaser. the game could well be on 2 year release cycle which is PERFECT. (you can not possibly want a game to have over 2 years cycle, because that means you do not keep with the time and upgrade your game, it is like saying you want WoW without expansions)

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
I bet the medic still doesn't come with defibrillators by default and that this time they'll let you unlock them early by paying a microtransaction fee. It is the EA way.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
I don't think it's going to differ much from BF3 sure, the next Microsoft and Sony console are coming out soon but for us PC gamers we actually for once got a far superior game with BF3.
It's just not going to improve that much for us PC gamers not because it can't but rather they aren't going to focus on that. What I foresee is BF4 on the consoles are going to come close to looking like and with the larger maps that the PC version already has. Add in a new terrible single player campaign with it. Leaving little reason for PC gamers to make the switch.

azraa

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
I dont really feel the need for BF4 yet.
Last expansion was released last week I believe and even so, there are lots of new players coming by and servers being started. They can easily keep up 1 year from now.

On the other hand, as long as they keep improving the Frostbite and releasing a new Battlefield featuring such improvements, I will prefer always to wait instead of replaying with the same graphics.

edogawa

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012
Larger squads, no micro-transactions, commander, bigger maps, no pay to earn all gear, more players on map, PC development is priority, more vehicles, future setting(2143).

These are some of the things I desire.

atminside

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011
please please let there be more than just the F-18, F-35 and SU-35 fighter jets...would like a little more that....say F-15, J-10, F-16, Su-27, mig-29....Certainly don't want it to be like HAWX but it would be nice to have a little bit more variety. Maybe make a skill class system where you earn not just weapons upgrades but unlocks to better jets?

blackjackcf

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
[citation][nom]mandus[/nom]why do i feel like the article writer is a retard ? it has been more than a year since BF3 release and they are just showing a teaser. the game could well be on 2 year release cycle which is PERFECT. (you can not possibly want a game to have over 2 years cycle, because that means you do not keep with the time and upgrade your game, it is like saying you want WoW without expansions)[/citation]

You're right, my apologies. I forgot that BF3 came out in 2011 and not 2012. For some reason, I felt like BF3 only came out last year... where have all the years gone?!

- Catherine Cai

ashesofempires04

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
[citation][nom]blackjackcf[/nom]You're right, my apologies. I forgot that BF3 came out in 2011 and not 2012. For some reason, I felt like BF3 only came out last year... where have all the years gone?!- Catherine Cai[/citation]

Awfully nice for someone calling you a retard. Anywho, I would prefer that the next BF3 bring back the integrated VOIP and game lobby. Despite delivering solid team-based gameplay, the whole experience suffered from the lack of squad and team-based voice coms, and having to launch via browser, which was an intensely frustrating experience. I had constant voice chat problems, and the group of people I played with eventually gave up and switched to TS. Switching servers was also needlessly difficult, and having to launch the actual game executable every time was poor design.

Bringing those two features back to the franchise would be a great way to get my money.

dizzy_davidh

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2011
I play BF3 a lot and noticed a whole slew of new players at low ranks joining in the fighting probably due to the products sale at Origin this past week and the offer of a free game (one option was BF3 standard ed.) to appease the wrath of disgruntles SimCity (or should that be 'SimShi**y'?) players and so people will continue to play the current release for a good while yet. As others have mentioned the last expansion 'End-Game' was released just last week so there is plenty of new playability left it the 2011 title.

It is worth mentioning that people still actively play the whole Battlefield franchise of games even though some are a decade old

Cons29

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
as much as i like bf3, i hope they teach the soldiers to step over a few inches of bricks (like the side of the stairs) without the need to press jump..

but yeah, looking forward to this game, like it better than COD, dedicated servers yeah we need them. hope my rig can handle it

idono

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2011
I'm watching with anticipation how a large part of the sales will go missing when they realize that moste Battlefield vets have learnt not to listen to EAs lies.

empstar

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
BF-BC2 , BF3 got so many hacker, that's why I will not buy anymore BF unless they solve this issue.
I got BF-BC2 and still playing but hacker with AIMbot really pis me off. that's why I didnot want to buy BF3.

madjimms

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
[citation][nom]mandus[/nom]why do i feel like the article writer is a retard ? it has been more than a year since BF3 release and they are just showing a teaser. the game could well be on 2 year release cycle which is PERFECT. (you can not possibly want a game to have over 2 years cycle, because that means you do not keep with the time and upgrade your game, it is like saying you want WoW without expansions)[/citation]
Because games on 2 year cycles suck....

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
[citation][nom]edogawa[/nom]Larger squads, no micro-transactions, commander, bigger maps, no pay to earn all gear, more players on map, PC development is priority, more vehicles, future setting(2143). These are some of the things I desire.[/citation]
I agree, minus future setting. Making the maps bigger won't really improve things. The problems with the maps were that there seemed to be very limited destruction, a narrow selection of vehicles, and the flags were all in close proximity, so all of that space was wasted. And the maps were all uninteresting with little variation.

And don't forget the UI was terrible. That needs to be fixed too.

Status
Not open for further replies.