Budget Business Laptop Recommendations?

webuser

Honorable
May 12, 2012
I'm looking for new laptops that would be priced under $1000.
These laptops will be mostly used for giving presentations connected to VGA projectors, running MS Office, VPN and Remote Desktop to other computers that do heavier work. They are not going to be desktop replacements, so they will be carried around a lot.
Need these specs:
4GB RAM
Fast SSD Drive over 80GB.
Win7 or 8 Professional so it can join domain
VPro capable.
Built in ports for VGA and Ethernet with PXE boot capability.
14 inch or smaller. Light weight as possible is important, but being slim/thin not important.
Processor does not need to be that powerful by today's standards, but it needs to be able to cold boot and restart very quickly.
I'm thinking of the new X230 and new T431s, but I haven't been able to configure those with SSD under $1000.
Any recommended HP models with these specs?

DGlenn

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
I was looking for a similar setup here: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1628191/enterprise-notebook-ssd-win-pro.html#10521866
It's VERY hard to find a 14" SSD laptop with an interesting price. The Lenovo T430u, probook 6470 are options.

If you're provisioning the laptops yourself with cloning tools, you can go for the Probook 4340s + 128ssd for a bargain - this price point will allow you to buy double the amount of laptops compared to other solutions, within the same budget.

webuser

Honorable
May 12, 2012

I don't think the 4340s is a currently available model anymore and I don't see that it supports VPro.
The ones on the HP site had Realtek networking instead of Intel, so that usually indicates it is not a VPro model.

DGlenn

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
There's only 39 models in total that are current and vpro compatible (https://msp.intel.com/find-a-vpro-system). Take a pick. My first 2 suggestions from my initial response here, the Lenovo T430 and Probook 6470, both are listed. The third suggestion (4340s) was an alternative.

4340s was released last year, I think a little over 6 months ago. I find it plenty in stock at my distributors.