unlock cpu triple core

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabriel Caldare

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013
hello, please help me. i tried to unlock my cpu amd phenom II 720 black edition (triple core) to quad core using a motherboard gigabyte 970A-DS3.
i change the settings in bios: unlock cpu enabled-*save changes-*restart and when the windows is loading, appear the logo of windows 7 and it' block and gives restart, same problems continues.
please help me, thanks.

popatim

Splendid
if your 720 is overclocked you need to take it back to stock settings first. Get the 4th core stable first and then explore your overclocking potential. If you do get the 4th core stable, do not expect to hit an OC as high as you had before.

Also you dont mention an aftermarket cooling solution. I would not attempt more than stock speeds with 4 cores enabled on the stock cooler.

Shadow_07

Honorable
Jan 28, 2013
I may sound like an idiot here feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but how are you planning to unlock a core that doesn't exist on this CPU? I mean you clearly said its a triple core processor, how do you plan to unlock a fourth core if there isn't one?

Or is there something I don't understand about AMD?

simon12

Distinguished
May 18, 2010
@ Shadow All Phenom II chips have 4 cores the 3 core and dual core have 1 or 2 locked that may be defective or may not be.

@ OP You could try a voltage increase if the 4th core isn't stable. I didn't think 9xx chipsets supported core unlocking but if you have a setting for it I must be wrong.

lazyboy947

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
with the phenom II line and certain athlons, they were phenom quad cores with disabled core for the above reasons, they had some that were just as they were advertised but cpus like the x2 555, x3 720, x4 960t could go to 4 cores and the 960t going to a six core with core unlocker. This is only generation to have the feature and no longer on the fx chips but still on the am3+ motherboards for compatibility with the am3 cpus that can unlock cores.

They did it for either being defective, or because supply and demand of the lower core count chips etc. the 960t is based off the thuban x6s reason it has the "t" after it lol the other ones dont have a specific marking in the model number to be unlocked but if ur looking for some find a list of the phenom cpus and they'll be listed prob by their names "thuban, deneb, callisto, heka" and they should say if they have unlockable cores

Gabriel Caldare

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013
when i run my pc windows xp live, the cpu run as a quad core, it's work properly. in task manager i have a quad core, in my computer properties it,s a quad core, it's works.
so, what's the problem?

Gabriel Caldare

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013
not loading in windows 7 with unlocked core,freeze when the windows 7 logo appears, but in windows xp live it's works with unlocked core...

lazyboy947

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
srry meant were u trying to load windows or boot for install windows? i assume load into windows now lol but its just weird how it fails for win7. how long did u wait til i reset for win7?

Status
Not open for further replies.