I need advice on Backlit Keyboard for DV6T-2000(I have a pic of connector)

superman2k2

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
img188.imageshack.us/img188/7764/dsc01012e.jpg

Hello I have a DV6T-2000 and on my motherboard I have a connector that say BL KB and nothing is connected there I pretty sure it stands for Backlit Keyboard. But I need some help cause I'm not sure. If it is in fact for a Backlit Keyboard what kind? And what kind should I get? I have been searching for days with no answer please help if you can ANY information is welcomed. Thank You

ratedk

Distinguished
I'm 99.9% sure your right about the connector on the MoBo, but I can't find the matching backlit keyboard for your model. They're all over the place with the -3000 series (item # 597630–001). However, I don't know if it will fit/line up with your model.

Many of the keyboards are the same, but the ribbon cable/screw mounts will be different according to each model series. You'll have to research the various models that came with the backlit option, and compare them to yours.

Ebay is a good source to find pictures of each specific keyboard. If you find a solution, post back here and let us know. You may help someone else out down the line. :)

deadzoo

Honorable
Jun 8, 2013
I`ve been casually researching this subject for a couple months. I have a DV6-2150us, it also has an empty 4-pin zif connector with the letters "BL KB". As best I have been able to tell from pictures only is there are at least three that look promising, the 698951-001 & 682081-001 w/numeric pad for DV6-7xxx and the 597630–001 w/o numeric pad for DV6-3xxx that rated k mentioned. These three look like their ribbons will line up perfectly, but I can`t find the length/width dimensions posted anywhere for comparison. If I find a deal on any of these keyboards I`ll buy it and post the results here.

If anyone has any knowledge or constructive opinions please chime in, your time and effort will be appreciated.

superman2k2

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013

Thank You that would be great