Dyson Unveils New 'Wet and Dry' AirBlade Faucet

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimcorner

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Not to mention the floor won't be wet all the time from people walking with dripping hands over to the drying station.

G

its actually not more efficient. Its essentially combining an assembly line into one step. Only purpose would be non-crowded restrooms or single stall places.

G

Will they have a British version that freezes one hand and scalds the other?

everlast66

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
[citation][nom]Buzzerfly[/nom]Will they have a British version that freezes one hand and scalds the other?[/citation]
Good one!
I've always wandered how am I supposed to wash my hands when I am around the UK and come across one of these older sinks. I usually try using only the hot tap and try to finish while the slightly cooler water in the pipes is running.

G

this will fling and vaporize sink germs, sending them everywhere. would not recommend for public. Maybe not even for private home use.

wiyosaya

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
All the airblade hand driers that I have used always leave my hands wet and Dyson expects these to dry hands while applying water to them?

Anyone wanna buy a bridge? :)

Is this yet another case of "keep telling everyone what you want them to believe and they will eventually believe it even when it is not true" - in other words, "Marketing?" Sounds like it to me!

IMHO, Dyson is the Bose of the vacuum world and is better ignored.

ko888

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
From the TV show The Big Bang Theory, Sheldon's rant on hot air hand dryers: "Hot air blowers are incubators and spewers of bacteria and pestilence. Frankly it'd be more hygienic to have a plague-infested gibbon sneeze my hands dry."

nukemaster

Distinguished
I only used the air blade dyer 1 or 2 times. It seemed to do the job good and fast to be honest.

On the vacuum front, Too many bag-less vacuums tend to suck.

It is not practical if you have to clean the filter and parts of the vacuum with another vacuum every 3rd-4th use.

The Dyson goes for a year before you even need to look at cleaning it(the filter is still quite clean, just parts of the system need to be blown out with a compressor).

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Hmm, what happens if there is water still in the sink, like the drain is partially plugged... Water sprays everywhere! There should be some check in place

alevox

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2012
[citation][nom]nukemaster[/nom]On the vacuum front, Too many bag-less vacuums tend to suck. [/citation]

Isn't that the point? :p

anti-painkilla

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
[citation][nom]wiyosaya[/nom]All the airblade hand driers that I have used always leave my hands wet and Dyson expects these to dry hands while applying water to them?Anyone wanna buy a bridge? Is this yet another case of "keep telling everyone what you want them to believe and they will eventually believe it even when it is not true" - in other words, "Marketing?" Sounds like it to me!IMHO, Dyson is the Bose of the vacuum world and is better ignored.[/citation]

They are relatively easy to use, I am surprised that you struggled. They even have instructions attached for first time users.

On a less douchey note, they filter the air and use high pressure not heat to dry your hands making they more hygienic than other air dryers.

I do love them though, it does take the full 10 seconds to dry your hands.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]Anonymous[/nom]this will fling and vaporize sink germs, sending them everywhere. would not recommend for public. Maybe not even for private home use.[/citation]

Actually a good point. BUT I think the air is pushed at an angle that is not directed towards bottom of sink so any water will not get pushed out onto the person using it. Nothing like dirty bathroom water all over you to make your day...lol.

jurassic1024

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2008
[citation][nom]wiyosaya[/nom]All the airblade hand driers that I have used always leave my hands wet and Dyson expects these to dry hands while applying water to them?Anyone wanna buy a bridge? Is this yet another case of "keep telling everyone what you want them to believe and they will eventually believe it even when it is not true" - in other words, "Marketing?" Sounds like it to me!IMHO, Dyson is the Bose of the vacuum world and is better ignored.[/citation]

Water comes out first, THEN the air. The process is not simultaneous.

thecolorblue

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
[citation][nom]ko888[/nom]From the TV show The Big Bang Theory, Sheldon's rant on hot air hand dryers: "Hot air blowers are incubators and spewers of bacteria and pestilence. Frankly it'd be more hygienic to have a plague-infested gibbon sneeze my hands dry."[/citation]
absolutely true for the filthy "air blade" designs. good luck getting your hands in and out without striking the sides of the blades... however the water splashing onto your hands that was deposited in the blade by theguy who wiped his diahrreah @$$ and then "washed" his hands with a quick soapless water spritz... that splash over from previous users of the dryers is why nobody should ever use them... ever.

i'd lovefor a tv show to do a bacterial growth test by swabbing various locations in the bathrooms, streaking onto sterile agar plates and then incubating at 37C O/N. I bet you that the drippings within the dyson blades are worse than the tiolet seats.

MajinCry

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
The most intolerable and excruciatingly painful problem that every first-world citizen must suffer...It's finally been irradicated! Huzzah!
Wait a minute...

Status
Not open for further replies.