Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Can you use verizon iphone 4 on straight talk

Tags:
  • iPhone
  • Unlock
  • Verizon
  • iPhone 4
Last response: in Rooting, Jailbreaking & Unlocking
Share
February 5, 2013 4:37:07 PM

can i use an verzion iphone 4 or 4s with straight talk and what would i have to buy and would it have to be unlock.

More about : verizon iphone straight talk

November 5, 2013 2:35:52 PM

No, you can't put a Verizon iPhone 4 on Straight Talk. The Verizon iPhone 4 does not have a SIM card slot, so you can't do it that way, and with ST's Bring Your Own Phone program, they specifically state that the program does not work with iPhones. The only option left is to hack the Verizon iPhone and clone another CDMA phone's ID to it which is already on the Straight Talk network, or one that ST will accept. While technically feasible, this practice is definitely against the law with harsh penalties, and there are way too many ways to get caught, so I wouldn't recommend it. Sell that Verizon iPhone 4 and either get an AT&T model, which has a SIM slot, or get a newer iPhone. It's only the "4" model which came without a SIM slot for use with Verizon.
m
0
l
Related resources
November 27, 2013 8:20:22 AM

morgrum said:
No, you can't put a Verizon iPhone 4 on Straight Talk. The Verizon iPhone 4 does not have a SIM card slot, so you can't do it that way, and with ST's Bring Your Own Phone program, they specifically state that the program does not work with iPhones. The only option left is to hack the Verizon iPhone and clone another CDMA phone's ID to it which is already on the Straight Talk network, or one that ST will accept. While technically feasible, this practice is definitely against the law with harsh penalties, and there are way too many ways to get caught, so I wouldn't recommend it. Sell that Verizon iPhone 4 and either get an AT&T model, which has a SIM slot, or get a newer iPhone. It's only the "4" model which came without a SIM slot for use with Verizon.


Do you know if you can use a Verizon prepaid plan instead? I got a used iPhone 4 from my dad and want to get a prepaid plan for it. Ideas? Hope?

m
0
l
November 29, 2013 12:05:34 PM

kamt said:
morgrum said:
No, you can't put a Verizon iPhone 4 on Straight Talk. The Verizon iPhone 4 does not have a SIM card slot, so you can't do it that way, and with ST's Bring Your Own Phone program, they specifically state that the program does not work with iPhones. The only option left is to hack the Verizon iPhone and clone another CDMA phone's ID to it which is already on the Straight Talk network, or one that ST will accept. While technically feasible, this practice is definitely against the law with harsh penalties, and there are way too many ways to get caught, so I wouldn't recommend it. Sell that Verizon iPhone 4 and either get an AT&T model, which has a SIM slot, or get a newer iPhone. It's only the "4" model which came without a SIM slot for use with Verizon.


Do you know if you can use a Verizon prepaid plan instead? I got a used iPhone 4 from my dad and want to get a prepaid plan for it. Ideas? Hope?



If you look around, you may find other options, but here's what I am aware of: Last I checked, Verizon has a prepaid plan, but I have no idea how much it will cost. Page Plus (Google Cache link -- http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:tO...) apparently will work just fine with a Verizon iPhone 4. If you want net10 or straight talk, then you would need either the AT&T version of the iPhone 4, which you may be able to do a straight up trade for on Craigslist or eBay (maybe?). The lack of a sim card slot in that specific phone makes moving it difficult to move to other networks. I have one too. It had been damaged, and a friend of mine fixed it, and then he found that it was activated, and it has always had service. I assume it was part of a family of company plan, and they just keep renewing the service on it without realizing that none of their members is in possession of that phone anymore. I don't use it. I'll probably sell it on eBay and mention all the above.
m
0
l
November 30, 2013 4:25:08 PM

You can put an iphone on verizons prepaid plan. You just need to call them and tell them exactly what you want to do. They have a $50, $60 and $70 plan.
m
0
l
March 24, 2014 4:24:57 PM

Yes you can! make sure you esn is clean and not linked to an existing verizon account im using my iphone 4 cdma right now on straight talk you dont need to flash your phone or unlock it whoever says you need to is trying to scam you all u have to do is purchase a service card which is 14 dollars u can buy it at walmart or over the phone with a straight talk rep and they will activate your phone for FREE when u call you just have to pay for the minute plan
m
0
l
March 24, 2014 7:58:40 PM

yes you can if is unlocked a ready, and use a sim from them..
m
0
l
March 27, 2014 8:08:16 AM

baller7 said:
Yes you can! make sure you esn is clean and not linked to an existing verizon account im using my iphone 4 cdma right now on straight talk you dont need to flash your phone or unlock it whoever says you need to is trying to scam you all u have to do is purchase a service card which is 14 dollars u can buy it at walmart or over the phone with a straight talk rep and they will activate your phone for FREE when u call you just have to pay for the minute plan


I am wanting to activate a iphone 4 from Verizon onto Straight Talk. How did you do this? I have heard that they need to be unlocked? Did you have any problems with messaging (pictures or text)? Ive been told that people have a lot of problems when they activate a phone from another carrier onto straight talk?
m
0
l
March 27, 2014 1:01:02 PM

aquarius14 said:
can i use an verzion iphone 4 or 4s with straight talk and what would i have to buy and would it have to be unlock.


Yes you can. I called Straight Talk about this yesterday. They said the phone has to be deactivated through Verizon / clear ESN. NO SIM CARD EITHER THAT'S THE MAJOR THING. You have to buy a network access card for $14.99 at Walmart & you have to have the $45 unlimited plan.

You're welcome.
m
0
l
July 26, 2014 7:53:54 AM

morgrum said:
No, you can't put a Verizon iPhone 4 on Straight Talk. The Verizon iPhone 4 does not have a SIM card slot, so you can't do it that way, and with ST's Bring Your Own Phone program, they specifically state that the program does not work with iPhones. The only option left is to hack the Verizon iPhone and clone another CDMA phone's ID to it which is already on the Straight Talk network, or one that ST will accept. While technically feasible, this practice is definitely against the law with harsh penalties, and there are way too many ways to get caught, so I wouldn't recommend it. Sell that Verizon iPhone 4 and either get an AT&T model, which has a SIM slot, or get a newer iPhone. It's only the "4" model which came without a SIM slot for use with Verizon.



http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledg...

m
0
l
July 27, 2014 8:04:38 AM

morgrum said:
No, you can't put a Verizon iPhone 4 on Straight Talk. The Verizon iPhone 4 does not have a SIM card slot, so you can't do it that way, and with ST's Bring Your Own Phone program, they specifically state that the program does not work with iPhones. The only option left is to hack the Verizon iPhone and clone another CDMA phone's ID to it which is already on the Straight Talk network, or one that ST will accept. While technically feasible, this practice is definitely against the law with harsh penalties, and there are way too many ways to get caught, so I wouldn't recommend it. Sell that Verizon iPhone 4 and either get an AT&T model, which has a SIM slot, or get a newer iPhone. It's only the "4" model which came without a SIM slot for use with Verizon.

AT&T iPhones are compatible with straight talk but you have to have it jail broke to use multimedia and internet. The new Verizon iPhones have sims but idk whether they are CDMA or not.
m
0
l
August 4, 2014 5:22:00 AM

Yes, you can use a Verizon CDMA iPhone 4 with Straight Talk...I just did it yesterday.

I purchased an iPhone 4 (CDMA version) from Groupon. Groupon listed this to work on Verizon or PagePlus. I was looking for a replacement for my current ST LGL75 (Optimus Zip on CDMA).
- Paid $140 for a 32GB iPhone 4
- once the iPhone 4 arrived, I checked the ESN (MIED) to see if it was it was clean (http://swappa.com/esn)
- Went to StraightTalk's BYOP (www.straighttalkbyop.com) page and entered the MEID on their page as well as my ZIP
- ST showed it would work on their network
- Purchased the online Activation Code for $7.50
- logged into my current ST account and selected "Activate Phone/SIM" and then "Transfer my existing ST service"
- entered the iPhone 4's MEID, selected no for LTE and no for iPhone 5 questions
- two hours later my old LGL75 dropped from the network
- on the iPhone 4 I dialed *22890 for over the air programming
- once finished, I called my home phone and the call went through
After all this was done, the phone was on the ST network (in this case, using Verizon 3G towers)

The iPhone 4 automatically had the APN programmed and I have no problem using the phone. MMS, text, and data work without issue. I was even surprised to find that I have hotspot and visual voice mail on the new iPhone 4.

So yes, if you have a Verizon iPhone 4, it will work with Straight Talk will all functions. Remember that iPhone 4 is not an LTE phone, so you will only get 3G. This should also work with 4s CDMA phones.
m
0
l
August 4, 2014 2:01:57 PM

aquarius14 said:
can i use an verzion iphone 4 or 4s with straight talk and what would i have to buy and would it have to be unlock.


Straighttalk does NOT accept any bring your own phones from Verizon or Sprint. They accept At&t or T-Mobile only. I actually just talked to them today. I tried activating a galaxy on verizon network to straighttalk. Any at&t or tmobile phone that has a SIM card is compatible.
m
0
l
August 8, 2014 7:00:35 PM

emilystna said:
Straighttalk does NOT accept any bring your own phones from Verizon or Sprint. They accept At&t or T-Mobile only. I actually just talked to them today. I tried activating a galaxy on verizon network to straighttalk. Any at&t or tmobile phone that has a SIM card is compatible.


Register your CDMA Bring Your Own Phone

We need to collect some information from you in order to determine if your phone can be registered with us.

This program is compatible with iPhone 4 and 4S, but will not work with Blackberry. This program is not compatible with Straight Talk, TracFone, SafeLink, NET10 Wireless, or Telcel America brand phones.

from http://www.straighttalk.com/wps/portal/home/h/byop/registration
m
0
l
August 10, 2014 7:13:43 PM

Nzwayz said:
Yes, you can use a Verizon CDMA iPhone 4 with Straight Talk...I just did it yesterday.

I purchased an iPhone 4 (CDMA version) from Groupon. Groupon listed this to work on Verizon or PagePlus. I was looking for a replacement for my current ST LGL75 (Optimus Zip on CDMA).
- Paid $140 for a 32GB iPhone 4
- once the iPhone 4 arrived, I checked the ESN (MIED) to see if it was it was clean (http://swappa.com/esn)
- Went to StraightTalk's BYOP (www.straighttalkbyop.com) page and entered the MEID on their page as well as my ZIP
- ST showed it would work on their network
- Purchased the online Activation Code for $7.50
- logged into my current ST account and selected "Activate Phone/SIM" and then "Transfer my existing ST service"
- entered the iPhone 4's MEID, selected no for LTE and no for iPhone 5 questions
- two hours later my old LGL75 dropped from the network
- on the iPhone 4 I dialed *22890 for over the air programming
- once finished, I called my home phone and the call went through
After all this was done, the phone was on the ST network (in this case, using Verizon 3G towers)

The iPhone 4 automatically had the APN programmed and I have no problem using the phone. MMS, text, and data work without issue. I was even surprised to find that I have hotspot and visual voice mail on the new iPhone 4.

So yes, if you have a Verizon iPhone 4, it will work with Straight Talk will all functions. Remember that iPhone 4 is not an LTE phone, so you will only get 3G. This should also work with 4s CDMA phones.


How long did it take for the iPhone to come when you bought it through Groupon? Thanks
m
0
l
August 12, 2014 8:49:10 AM

Q: How long did it take for the iPhone to come when you bought it through Groupon? Thanks

A: it took about 12 days from time I placed the order to receiving it. It came in a plain white box (in a grey plastic mailing envelope pouch) with the phone, manual, 30-pin USB cable and 110v USB charger (exact style you get from Apple). Sticker on back of phone has the ESN you need to run in the swappable.com/ESN website to ensure that it is a "clean" number.

Phone appeared brand new and have not had a single issue.
m
0
l
September 27, 2014 12:03:42 AM

Sorry but your wrong. I have had my Sprint Samsung galaxy s3 on straight talk for over 3 months. I am now switching it over to a Verizon iPhone 4s. As long as the esn is clean you can purchase a bring your own phone kit at Wal-Mart and active your own phone the SIM cards are for T-Mobile and AT&T.
m
0
l
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter
  • add to twitter
  • add to facebook
  • ajouter un flux RSS