Save directly to sd card....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nephilim_17

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
hey guys, i have a question.... if want to download anything on my android phone, is it possible to save the downloaded file directly to the SD card? because i have an Alcatel one touch 990 and i didn't notice that its internal memory is only 150 KB.... its a bit annoying because it keeps reminding me that it has insufficient memory ............ thanks in advance... oh, and my external memory is 16 GB....

inzone

Splendid
You can go into the settings of your phone and select the SD card as the primary choice for saving. It should also give you instructions in the owners manual as to what you need to do to make it the primary. There are some things that require being stored on the internal memory, like wall paper or other apps.

some browsers default to saving on the sd card. if not, you can change them to default to this. the same is true with taking photos on your phone.

generally speaking it is hit or miss with apps. some can be installed on an sd card and some can not. this is one reason to buy a phone with more internal memory (why they even sell phones with low memory is beyond me, its not that expensive)

Status
Not open for further replies.