Is it possible for someone to clone my sim card

annepriest

Honorable
Jul 26, 2012
I have a t-mobile contract with two phones on it one of which is used by my son. His call usage has suddeny gone through the roof even though he hardly used the phone but texts instead. It has gone up every month for the last three months so he is aware of the problem. Also, even though his voicemail is disabled (if you phone him it just rings forever then disconnects) he has been receiving loads of voicemails. How is that possible? T-mobile say it is not possible for it to be hacked but these are definately not our calls. T-mobile on 150 refused to put me through to the fraud department and say someone will phone me back in 24 - 72 hours! My bill has gone from between £70 - £90 to £254 this month, £160 last month and £120 the month before! Help! By the way my son is a sensible 24 year old not a teenager! He had an iphone which is broken so has been using a tiny little cheap nokia which has no internet or anything for months now. I have a blackberry.

G

I have the same problem with Virgin Mobile my SIM card was cloned and despite me suspending the account last August 2012 - their computer system re-activated my SIM 30 days later subsequently i recieved a bill for £94.44 for the month of January 2013 - on further investigation i found texts and calls going back to September 2012 - although they did not exceed my minutes usage allowance until January when the registered on my Direct Debit as £94.44 - this account was suspended a replacement SIm was issued i left it intact in it its sleeve in side a drawer and had never perforated the SIM holder; Virgin Mobile deny all responsibilty and i will be pursuing court action to recover my money and also to highlight that there security is not water tight.

nmariec

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013
I have the same problem T Mobile too.....we have 3 phones with them we cancelled contracts although there was 3 months remaining however Tmobile didnt cancel them and one of them ran up a 650 pound bill. Ringing poland and italy erm we have never rang abroad on our phones nor do we know anyone in these countries. I think the polish man who could also speak 4 languages fluently one being italian at phones 4 u who sold us our new contracts cloned it but dont think I can prove it either way we never ran uontyis bill so some clever person has done something.