Galaxy S2 after JellyBean update won't boot.

G

So this morning i awoke and finally get round to updating my phone. I didn't use the Kies software i just did it via the phone and Wi-Fi, Basically it installed the update and when it restarted my phone with NOT get past the SAMSUNG screen, i've tried going through the Andriod Recovery thing uses Home/Vol up/Power.

I keep see'ing threads which advise to install a custom something or other but this apparently Roots the phone which i dont really want to do to possibly void my warrenty. I can't use my phone at all and i have no idea what to do next.

Any help would be much appreciated.

inzone

Splendid
Your best option would be to go to your cell phone service provider and have them look at it instead of trying things that are suggested in forums. It's your phone and you don't want to brick it with someones half baked idea.
Anytime I have an issue with my cell phone I go right to the store and have them look at it or answer my question.

G

That was my first thought too, but i bought the phone from ebay (boxed with seals unbroken) i've got in contact with the seller as it has a 12month warrenty but im not holding my breath. I just dont have a replacement phone at all and it will take weeks to get sorted.

maze11

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013
Mine did the same. I held down the power button for approx. 30 seconds. Phone rebooted and came back to Samsung screen. I left it there and after 2-3 minutes it continued on with the upgrade.
Maze

Shweta Mehta

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013
finally what did you do? i am facing the same issue!
then i did some wipe cache and the wipe restore/data and rebooted.. still stuck on same samsung logo..!
any suggestion!