Your question

Non SIM phone swap

  • Phones
Last response: in Cell Phone General Discussion
February 20, 2013 10:05:05 PM

Apparantly my phone doesnt use sim cards. I want to buy a used one that is in better shape, offered from the same provider, and keep my phone number. Is this possible? And what steps do i take to make it happen?

More about : sim phone swap

February 21, 2013 1:39:37 AM

Go to the carriers retail store or website and order one. You would need to speak to a customer service rep and request the service to be transferred. You would need to be able to prove your identity and ownership of the device, and have all relevant information handy.

Relevant information is things like the phones IMEI and serial numbers which can be found on a sticker underneath the battery or on the original packaging. Also if the new phone took a SIM card, you would need the SIM card number as well.
Related resources
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter
  • add to twitter
  • add to facebook
  • ajouter un flux RSS