Your question

How to transfer pictures from a phone that wont turn on

Tags:
  • Android
  • Phones
  • Samsung
Last response: in Android Smartphones
February 21, 2013 9:01:42 AM

Is there anyway to retrieve pictures from a samsung galaxy phone that won't turn on? :sweat: 

More about : transfer pictures phone wont turn

a b Ë Android
a b Ô Samsung
February 21, 2013 1:14:05 PM

Generally speaking, all Android phones uses a removable Micro SD card where pictures are saved to. The SD card is typically in the same location where the battery is and you must remove the battery 1st in order to remove the SD card. Consult your manual for more clarification if necessary.

With the micro SD card in hand you can transfer the pictures to a computer/laptop with the following two methods:

1. If your PC has a SD card reader, then you need to use a micro SD to SD card adapter. Simply insert the micro SD card into the adapter, then insert the adapter card into the computer's SD slot.

Here's a link if you need to purchase a SD adapter card:

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-microSD-Memory-Card-Adapt...

2. With the assistance of a friend's Android phone, simply turn off his/her phone. Then replace his/her micro SD card with yours. Turn on the Android phone and connect it to the computer. Choose the option to use the Android phone as a "disk drive" or "storage device" so that you can access the SD card as an external hard drive.

The pictures should be in the "dcim" directory. There may be two folders called "100MEDIA" and "Camera". In any case, all your pictures should be in the "dcim" directory. Simply select all and copy them to your computer.
m
l
July 30, 2013 11:53:51 AM

Is there anyway to transfer the files that are actually stored on the internal memory? My Droid did use a SD card but I never put one in, so all of my files are on the internal memory. The screen is broken to the point that nothing works and the power button will not work. When I plug it into the computer, all I see is the batter charging screen pops up then goes to sleep, I cannot do anything with the phone.
m
l
Related resources
February 3, 2014 7:38:32 PM

Jonny Wolfe said:
Is there anyway to transfer the files that are actually stored on the internal memory? My Droid did use a SD card but I never put one in, so all of my files are on the internal memory. The screen is broken to the point that nothing works and the power button will not work. When I plug it into the computer, all I see is the batter charging screen pops up then goes to sleep, I cannot do anything with the phone.

Jonny Wolfe - I'm having the same problem :(  Did you ever figure out how to do it?
m
l
February 12, 2014 8:21:09 PM

cocknbull said:
Jonny Wolfe said:

Jonny Wolfe - I'm having the same problem :(  Did you ever figure out how to do it?

I am having this issue now too!! Please let me know if you find a solution and I will do the same :) 
m
l
March 22, 2014 8:29:51 PM

did anyone find the solution to this ? i'm now with the same problem.
i have an damage HTC one screen is broken and wont turn on. how can i get the pictures out ?
m
l
June 23, 2014 7:17:40 PM

Anyone knlw how to get my pics back o galaxy s3 since my phone wont turn on?
m
l
September 1, 2014 11:57:36 AM

Hello I may have found a solution to transferring data from a phone that CAN turn on but has a broken screen or you can't get the eternal data out by simply plugging in the usb charging adapter. There is an item called The Tornado http://cart.payments.ebay.com/sc/view its a file transfer tool. From there you'll need to buy a USB Micro B Male to USB Type A Female Adapter. Then use The Tornado software and let it fly. Hope this is some help to someone. Good Luck
m
l
Tom’s guide in the world
  • Germany
  • France
  • Italy
  • Ireland
  • UK
Follow Tom’s guide
Subscribe to our newsletter
  • add to twitter
  • add to facebook