Net Connect

SPEED94

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
Hi.can anyone suggest a Pc software for sharing network resources between a PC and an android (2.3.6 Gingerbread) ?

Solution
No, it doesn't work that way you can't combine the speeds it's either one or the other. Your compyter will only lock onto one source at a time and as you can already see the modem is the primary and the computer recognizes that and will download from that source , ignoring the cell phone source.
It may be possable to use a server type set up that large compaies use with high priced network cards that can combine download bandwidth but even that is from a single source and I'm sure the high cost would not nake it worth while.

inzone

Splendid
When you connect the phone to your computer it will prompt a down load of a application manager to load the software that the phone needs to have setup on the computer. Sometimes the software is on the phone and others it links a web site to download the software from.

SPEED94

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012

Yes I have downloaded the ADB drivers bundle and the PC manager related with the phone. ButI want a specific network connect manager showing all stuffs like download speed and up etc. etc. In a nutshell specifically for net connect.

SPEED94

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
And yes, I have a modem. I want the phone's network as well as the modem's at the same time so as to give me a speed boost. But however this isn't getting possible.Even though both are in connected state ( the android is using PDAnet as connector) the modem is dominating the phone.As soon as the modem is disconnected the phone takes over.Any suggestions as to how solve this ? A more powerful connection software ?

inzone

Splendid
You can't use the phones mobile internet to boost your modem connection. They are two different technologies and with the phone you casnnot use the mobile network and the WiFi connection at the same time , it's either one or the other.
Your modem connection to the internet through your service provider is regulated by them as to the download and upload speeds that you are getting , you as the consumer do not ave the ability to change that.

SPEED94

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012

No suppose I am downloading a movie of 1 gb.Suppose my modem gives an average of about 600 kbps and my phone around 400 Kbps. So can't I download the video with 400+600 Kbps i.e about 1 Mbps ?

inzone

Splendid
No, it doesn't work that way you can't combine the speeds it's either one or the other. Your compyter will only lock onto one source at a time and as you can already see the modem is the primary and the computer recognizes that and will download from that source , ignoring the cell phone source.
It may be possable to use a server type set up that large compaies use with high priced network cards that can combine download bandwidth but even that is from a single source and I'm sure the high cost would not nake it worth while.

Solution

SPEED94

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012

Thanks a lot dude ....you saved my day

inzone

Splendid
If you want to look into teaming as a solution instead of trying to use the cell phone you can get an increase of sorts that way. Teaming is using two lan cards connected to the same modem or router and can be used in different configurations. To do it your need an Intel server lan card which generaly costs $70 to $90.

SPEED94

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012

Thanks inzone but I am not interested in all that critical stuffs and can not invest that amount at present. But thanks and yeah. Please recommmend a software to connect net from a PC via a android. My phone's company does not have any personal PC suite.