Taranis: The Unmanned Fighter of the Future

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

They better build a Normandy as well so we'll be ready when the Reapers turn on us...

rebus_forever

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2009
this will so never happen and if it does it will no doubt have American computers probably outsourced from a military waste disposal system and even then they probably wont give the British the codes, i smell failure and its not just my typing.

that said i hope the drones arnt on their way now : (

amnotanoobie

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006
[citation][nom]Gin Fushicho[/nom]That's expensive.... anywhere in the world huh? Hopefully it's impossible to crack into whats controlling it.[/citation]

It's a prototype! Prototypes were never meant to be cheap, they were meant to work. They'll work on cutting costs later, when it actually works!

ask7852

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2010
[citation][nom]normandyvsreapers[/nom]They better build a Normandy as well so we'll be ready when the Reapers turn on us...[/citation]
YES!!!! Maybe the Collectors won't rape the ship when the time comes either.

braneman

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
wow, its a working prototype, I was going to complain about concept artists who only use tech found in sci-fi books... thumbs up for creating something we might actually see.

CTPAHHIK

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
No wonder UK is broke. $216 mil a pop. US scrapped F-35, which was much cheaper.
Communication latency will not allow around the world operation. Would still require a mobile base somewhere.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]CTPAHHIK[/nom]No wonder UK is broke. $216 mil a pop. US scrapped F-35, which was much cheaper. Communication latency will not allow around the world operation. Would still require a mobile base somewhere.[/citation]
I actually thought that $216 for a working prototype autonomous stealth fighter sounded pretty cheap. As for the current state of the UK economy, this has probably been in development for years (i.e. before the market crash).

Status
Not open for further replies.