This Alarm Clock Goes Crazy to Wake You

Status
Not open for further replies.

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]icepick314[/nom]you know...you COULD put your current alarm clock AWAY from you so you'll HAVE to walk to turn it off...[/citation]
Doesn't work, I can sleepwalk to shut it off. The best thing I've ever found was a little alarm clock with a flying helicopter thing that launches when the alarm goes off. The randomness of it works great.

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
[citation][nom]maestintaolius[/nom]Doesn't work, I can sleepwalk to shut it off. The best thing I've ever found was a little alarm clock with a flying helicopter thing that launches when the alarm goes off. The randomness of it works great.[/citation]

Exactly. Being one who's high school and college schedule made for some pretty deep sleeps, your body pretty much reaches over, can turn off a complicated alarm and let you go back to sleep, even if its across the room.

I liked the alarm clock that rolled around the room and hid itself though.

This one though I imagine might end up being thrown against the wall. How durable is it?

rawrnomnom

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
Moving alarm clocks are are well and great but I still haven't found one that preempts turning it off right before it goes off then going back to sleep.

i7Rocks

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
[citation][nom]ulysses35[/nom]LOL... better than that get a cat, mine wakes me every morning @ 05.30 for his breakfast.... damn spolied cat[/citation]

what about those of us who are not homosexuals or female?

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]i7Rocks[/nom]what about those of us who are not homosexuals or female?[/citation]That might be funny in your circle of friends but lets not forget we are on the interwebs.

igot1forya

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
[citation][nom]i7Rocks[/nom]what about those of us who are not homosexuals or female?[/citation]
You could always get a dog. But that wont make you any less of a homophobe, or an @$$.

rawrnomnom

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
[citation][nom]mlopinto2k1[/nom]That might be funny in your circle of friends but lets not forget we are on the interwebs.[/citation]

Somehow I don't think you thought this one through.

proxy711

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
[citation][nom]mlopinto2k1[/nom]...lets not forget we are on the interwebs.[/citation]
Which is exactly why he said it....

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]rawrnomnom[/nom]Somehow I don't think you thought this one through.[/citation]Oh yea? How? You can try and sound SLICK on here, but give it a break.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]proxy711[/nom]Which is exactly why he said it....[/citation]Yeah, I am sure that's EXACTLY why he said it. How old are you? 12? Grow up, son.

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]Another thing that works is an extremely, loud annoying rooster clock that clucks as an alarm.[/citation]

I have had a few of those when I was a kid and they work. Now I don't need one and don't like to sleep into the day unlike most people these days. I get up and do my daily quests in wow then its off to the indoctrination camp.

Xaios

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
This could work for me. I'm in the same camp as the second poster, my alarm clock is on the other side of the room, and I also have my cellphone which doubles as an alarm clock beside my bed. On a number of occasions, I have slept right through as many as 5 alarms, including sleepwalking through the 2 alarms that the clock on the other side of the room produces.

This device may work for me, as I would be able to turn it off while on sleep-induced autopilot.

omikron48

Distinguished
May 1, 2010
Why not just make an alarm clock which needs a combination lock to turn it off? You'd have to wake up by then just to see what you're doing so you can turn the alarm off. Just for kicks, you can use an air horn for the alarm and build in a tiny compressor and pressurized cylinder for filling and holding the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.