Baby Monitor 2.0 Features Bluetooth and USB Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.

serkol

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
"perfect household gadget for those always-paranoid parents" :)

We were paranoid with our first baby :)
With the second and the third one - MUCH less worries. I would buy this bracelet when we had our first baby. Now I know that this would be a waste of money.

hoof_hearted

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
I always thought of Bluetooth as a close proximity wireless. How does this work room-to-room or even upstairs-downstairs?

I would like to stick the baby temperature sensor reading in my sidebar along with all those other sensor readings (GPU,CPU,etc).

G

What's up with those idiots that put " but can it play Crysis" on every post. You are an idiot !!

G

no matter its WiFi, Bluetooth or whatsoever, radio waves are no good for the the brain of human esp. for babies.

Dawgsoverrebs

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
[citation][nom]JohnnyLucky[/nom]Just how exopensive is the monitoring system?[/citation]

[citation][nom]smeker[/nom]Yeah, where can you buy this?[/citation]

OMG really, it clearly says its not availible retail. That means you cant go buy it with your dollers euros yen peso or anything else

ukgooey

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2009
When we had my little boy I spent most of my first 3-4 months absolutely crapping myself about things possibly going wrong. If he went quiet, I almost shit myself. If he cried, I almost shit myself. I reckon most new parents do. However, I soon realised that constantly monitoring him was pretty pointless. In fact I'm still not sure what baby monitors are for. This monitoring system thing, whilst awesomely cool, is only for over protective parents in my opinion and is cashing in on first time parents paranoia. Kids are far more durable than people would have you believe. You don't need this. But if it makes you feel better....

MitchMeister-

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
[citation][nom]hoof_hearted[/nom]I always thought of Bluetooth as a close proximity wireless. How does this work room-to-room or even upstairs-downstairs?[/citation]

Bluetooth ranges depend on power. I doubt these would go 100M like the high powered bluetooth devices out there, but you can bet they would make sure it had the range for a medium sized house at a minimum. 20m would be what I had to guess.

acecombat

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
I like how in the concept art it shows the bracelets hovering on the charging station. Will this feature be available in the retail version too?

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]romansky[/nom]It actually prevents Crysis![/citation]
A Crysis comment being upvoted? I thought I was the only one who did that!
I certainly can see people who'd buy this. GPS that links to the parents smartphone too? (ONLY for babies/toddlers, not for anyone older, because even a 10 year old deserves some privacy.)

Status
Not open for further replies.