School May Use RFID Chips to Track Students

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fetal

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
I will sue them. sueee. (remembering when Cartman got abuse controller shit in his mind, vchip something, fkn hilarious)

zachary k

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
i predict private school attendance will rise around schools that implement this. those who can't afford private schools will protest.

grantman1100

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2010
Some kids will no doubt get in trouble wrongly because the teacher forgets or is to stupid to update on a computer that the kid is going to the bathroom or something.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
oh this is most definitely not voluntary. what, people actually believe the kids will have a say in this? no waaay. They will enforce it, or they will be punished. Yet, kids are REQUIRED to go to school by all 50 states' laws. So what a great way for a school to get around the federal government and go against peoples' (including children) human rights. Jeesh..if children are going to be required to attend school, why can't school abide by guidelines and districts that follow the same in a typical workplace. Last i checked, i didn't have to get a pass signed or badge in at my job to use the restroom.

But its fine, i'll just shit all over the floor in my classroom, and i'm not cleaning it up. that'll show'em.

AMW1011

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
Last time I checked Children are American citizens. No where in the Constitution does it say that you can ignore the rights of Children. Yet, this happens all the time in public schools.

G

This is a pilot program to get the system ready for the injected into your body version, which will probably be some unelected pencil pusher's decision made for you on your behalf of course.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]blurr91[/nom]What's preventing me from leaving my RFID hall pass in my locker while I run out for a beer?[/citation]Why would you be IN your locker? lol

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
I still remember ware they tried making students ware GPS devices so they could be tracked at all hours. This is conditioning people into thinking that this is the new norm when it is nothing more than tyranny.

1984/brave new world

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
"resistance is futile"

srsly people when are we going to stand up and say enough is enough? If you want to implant your kid with a gps tracker or something for safety then that's your decision but keep my kid out of it. If you think that just because you know Timmy left out door 126 to corridor 110 at 9:06am that that will tell you where he went after leaving school grounds to go get high youre fooling yourself. But of course you trot out the old "oh this will help us during an emergency" excuse. Screw you Connecticut! Screw you and the civil liberties you trode on to get here!

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
peopel are runnign aroudn crying freedom this freedom that ,ooohh big brother .. but seriously ,while this application does indeed have potential to be abused by authorities , I think it has great potentialto do good as well. Does any one remember all those cases of women , and teen girls going missing from school grounds , only to be found later a corpse ??? granted the ill purposes of this are on my mind i think i'drather my childhave one that to be the kid that got napped by some demented perv and or serial killer. though i do find the school'sreasonign to be a bit .. paranoid

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
I nearly dropped out of school when they forced us to wear ID at all times. Some teachers didn't enforce it, even the principal. They all came around though with threats form the school board in my city.
I chose public school over private school so I didn't have to wear the same uniform every day for 3 years.

RFID?
I'd go back to home schooling.

palladin9479

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2008
Hmm it is kinda hard to abuse RFID technology due to its limited range. Once the kid walks outside the schools detectors they can no longer be tracked (school should no longer track them at this point). Bus's are a bit weird but their still school property and it would be useful to know who's riding which bus.

I'm a libertarian and I believe in maximum personal freedom, including freedom to do stupid shit that kills me. This doesn't really go anywhere near those freedoms, its not preventing you from doing anything and its not violating any privacy (its on public school property). Kids ~should~ be tracked when their on school ground, if I had a kid I would hope their whereabouts were tracked while they were at school. Now after they leave school its no longer the schools business whats going on.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
[citation][nom]demonhorde665[/nom]peopel are runnign aroudn crying freedom this freedom that ,ooohh big brother .. but seriously ,while this application does indeed have potential to be abused by authorities , I think it has great potentialto do good as well. Does any one remember all those cases of women , and teen girls going missing from school grounds , only to be found later a corpse ??? granted the ill purposes of this are on my mind i think i'drather my childhave one that to be the kid that got napped by some demented perv and or serial killer. though i do find the school'sreasonign to be a bit .. paranoid[/citation]
these things won't help track students once they're outside the perimeter.

If you wanna protect students from things like that, you're gonna have to find a much more affective method. You're gonna argue with people fighting for their rights, until one day you find out your own rights are taken. That is when hypocrisy always reveals itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.