Verbatim's Dime-Sized USB Ideal for Car Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

30 bucks for 8gb flashdisk? yeah righhttt....i can see how this thing will sell like hot cakes...

@icepick314: nice find... i definitely will pick this up if i live in the state...

liveonc

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
[citation][nom]icepick314[/nom]you can get microSD to USB adapter for less than $10...I use it on my car stereo with 16GB microSD....http://www.amazon.com/elago-Mobile [...] 069&sr=8-4[/citation]
+16GB microSD=$30, Perfect! ;-)

G

When you say dime-sized, I imagined the car stereo having a coin-slot like a jukebox and people would drop these Verbatim in to play their songs. :p

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
It takes maybe an hour to modify the comment code to check for these notorious spam domains in the comment text... Come on THG, a top geek site can do it :)

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Picture it, the year was 1999. I had promised to treat myself to a new hard drive the moment the one I wanted was available for under $1,000. (Yes, that is one thousand).
The drive in question was a 9GB drive. I still have it; works fine in an external case.

Now I can buy an 8GB drive on a chip, the whole thing is so tiny it fits in my ear, it costs a lousy $29.99 and everybody screams... $30 for just 8GB.... are they crazy ?

... and the sad part is; I have to agree. I have one of those car radios and if it was 16GB I'd not waste my time writing this; I'd go surfing to buy one. But $30 for 8GB..... nah. Maybe I hook up my old 9GB drive to the car stereo; yeah, that will be my weekend project !

Have a smile folks, the weekend is upon us :)

lathe26

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
Why is this news? I bought an 8GB USB drive that is the exact same phydical size for the exact same reason (car stereo)... over a year ago.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]RazberyBandit[/nom]This looks exactly like their "Store 'n Go Netbook USB" device, which just happens to have a 16GB capacity and a cost of $35 at Newegg.http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6820235063[/citation]

and Newegg even has the exact same photo in it's listing that THG uses in this article.
So either THG is showing a 16GB item for an 8GB article or Newegg and 8GB photo for a 16GB product. Oh well, that happens when you use stock photos :)

Status
Not open for further replies.