American Airlines Updating New Planes to Suit Modern Age

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
So now you can post on facetwit as your plane's delayed and the pilot's will miss your destination because they're playing angry birds!

Excuses for the 21st century!

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]I hope it's not the Dreamliner planes they're working on...[/citation]

What's wrong with the 787? Many new plane model has some quirks, but many don't get the attention because they aren't well known.

[citation][nom]ddpruitt[/nom]So now you can post on facetwit as your plane's delayed and the pilot's will miss your destination because they're playing angry birds!Excuses for the 21st century![/citation]

More like they'll charge you $10 for WiFi and $2 for the power outlets.

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
Composites are more reliable than aluminum. Aluminum will fatigue after a while, corrode, constant maintenance is required on stressed skin structures. Whereas Composites? Still need attention, but not nearly as much. They provide the compression and expansion required on the wings and body without causing fatigue over time. Composites seem to be the future, of course we still need steel/Aluminum alloys but composites are damn nice to have.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
"Flying economy is undoubtedly one of the world's worst experiences..."

OK, try a trip on a Banana steamer across the Atlantic if flying a few hours in an air conditioned tube with food, drinks and 'lousy' movies is so bad. Or take Amtrak from New York to Los Angeles... or your car.

In case the author forgot, the job of the aircraft is to get you fast and safely from A to B. It is NOT a restaurant or a movie theater. If it is so 'horrible', there are the above mentioned alternatives.

And if you think the seats back there are so cramped come visit me the next time you fly in the cockpit and I show you a crowded seat.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]"Flying economy is undoubtedly one of the world's worst experiences..."OK, try a trip on a Banana steamer across the Atlantic if flying a few hours in an air conditioned tube with food, drinks and 'lousy' movies is so bad. Or take Amtrak from New York to Los Angeles... or your car.In case the author forgot, the job of the aircraft is to get you fast and safely from A to B. It is NOT a restaurant or a movie theater. If it is so 'horrible', there are the above mentioned alternatives.And if you think the seats back there are so cramped come visit me the next time you fly in the cockpit and I show you a crowded seat.[/citation]

Or sit next to an annoying sibling in a car for 8 hours that would never sleep, or stop bugging you...

Status
Not open for further replies.