Moderator question - sim unlock codes

as stated in the title this is a direct suggestion to any forum moderators.

in the phones & smartphones subsection there is an increasing amount of flooding due to questions about "free/paid sim unlock codes". i'm unsure of the legality of such forum requests.

i suggest that there should be a sticky placed in the forum section either stating that such questions should not be posted (if its not legal or not forum accepted) or an informational post to answer common questions (if it is in fact legal or forum accepted).

this would help the people actually wanting a technical answer or opinion from all of the free-unlock requesters.

thanks.

G

Do you really think newbies take the time to read stickies in a forum? Most times they can't even post in the correct forum. This section is a perfect example. How many posts contain any forum feedback?

haha... you do have a point there.

i dont normally even read the posts i'm talking about but i've seen people wanting a free unlock code, people advertising websites for unlock codes and unless i'm wrong i think just a few had some kind of response offering up websites.

the vast majority seem to get ignored but it definitely pushes people with valid questions out of the way. thats the only real problem i see.

just as an fyi what is the stance here on the subject? is it allowed or is it technically not allowed but just ignored due to the spamming nature of requests?

G

Spamming is definitely not allowed. I would assume that "free" unlock codes is like piracy so that shouldn't be allowed either.